FIXED! the security expired!

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sheesh. Stop posting the same useless Chrome screenshots over and over again, it doesn't say anything useful.
Welp. Someone forgot to renew the SSL certificate, the cerftificate has expired. Costello, other admins, please fix.

gbatemp.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Thursday October 15 2015 21:52. The current time is Thursday October 15 2015 22:55. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the ssl cert expired.
84tt70T.png

(Don't mind the onion router, I use that when Youtube gets throttled; not for this site)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
What does this mean? Is Nintendo gonna sue you Piracy People? (BTW NINTENDO IM AGAINST PIRACY! SKIP MY HOUSE!)
no...

in order to offer HTTPS support (secure communications) in a reliable way, a website needs to purchase an SSL certificate, which costs about 70 USD a year.

normally my subscription autorenews, but apparently not this year, so... for a short time, our HTTPS server offered a secure connection but with an expired certificate. That has no impact in terms of security for anyone.

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
no...

in order to offer HTTPS support (secure communications) in a reliable way, a website needs to purchase an SSL certificate, which costs about 70 USD a year.

normally my subscription autorenews, but apparently not this year, so... for a short time, our HTTPS server offered a secure connection but with an expired certificate. That has no impact in terms of security for anyone.
KK MAN (STILL SKIP MY HOUSE NINTENDO)

Reactions: Deleted-236924

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is your big bag of Monopoly money for letting me hijack the site and insert subliminal messages to further push the Canadian agenda.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Costello, do you take the hit for all server costs?
Also, weird because for a few others [myself included] It never claimed it was expired.
GBAtemp has a sponsor, that probably pays for the server cost, they also get some income from ShopTemp. In any case Costello has made it clear in the past that GBAtemp does not need any more money, I once suggested that he add a donate link somewhere and that was his response to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BakerMan, Interesting trivia about dictionaries and Psi, I'm a direct descendant of the guy...