Gaming THe single best rpg for the 3ds ?

The best rpg/series

• Pokemon

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • Etrian oddessy

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • SHin Megami Tensei

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Dragon Quest

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Bravery Default

Votes: 28 21.5%

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure more should be on that list, Did you forget 2 Mario & luigi rpg games, and paper mario? Also where is final fantasy? And I'm sure there is a lot more, like Conception II children of the seven stars, Project X zone, and if monster hunter can even be called a rpg, what about fantasy life Xenoblade chonicles 3DS TALES OF THE ABYSS! PERSONA! @Chary would be so mad. :ninja:

Seriously there is TONS of rpg games on 3ds, this list probably just shows how one think how little 3ds rpg games exist on the system. Yes not all are that good, but it should least be acknowledged. (Where is my phantasy star 5 Or beyond oasis 3 game sega. Just gonna be stuck playing Gotta protectors. :ninja: )

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gurumin 3D! Seriously, though, I've gotten mostly bored with most RPGs, so it's hard to sell me on them anymore.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Seems like many different RPGs placed in the same bag, there's Tactical RPG, Mystery Dungeon, Dungeon Crawlers, Turn Based ones, hard to choose a best from so different genres.

While it's understandable not every game is listed, I'm shocked there's no mention of the Mario & Luigi series as they're pretty famous RPGs.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think the best is SMT4/A. They were unique and very interesting.
I can't vote for Pokemon in good conscience, there's almost nothing new or interesting from game to game. Even as a huge dragon quest fan, I don't think they are the best rpgs on the 3ds. I can see FE being a favorite but I can't get into them, despite my love for strategy rpgs. Xenoblade is pretty boring for 85% of the game and even when it was interesting it was kingdom hearts level of stupidity.

Reactions: thewarhammer

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Must say, after just having finished "Echoes" and just starting the "Fates" Gay Hack... this is just 3-ish games under that same banner, which is why it must win from the other titles in the list... this is just Ninty at its best. Fire Emblem was what got me clinging to my GBA years back, and now it draws me right back to my 3DS no matter how I love Breath of the Wild too.

Never cared about Pokemon though beyond Ultra Violet and Ash Gray, so I can't really compare.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Bravely Default? mildly upset
The last half of the game was absolute Garbage.
"Hey, lets just reuse the same bosses over and over again and not make it have any sense."
"Sir, that's great and all, but..... what if...... We made them do it 4 times......"
"You are getting a promotion"

Although i still loved the game :creep:
The combat system was unique and fun

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The last half of the game was absolute Garbage.
"Hey, lets just reuse the same bosses over and over again and not make it have any sense."
"Sir, that's great and all, but..... what if...... We made them do it 4 times......"
"You are getting a promotion"

Although i still loved the game :creep:
The combat system was unique and fun
I mean, I won't disagree that the last part was meh. But I loved the game nonetheless, it was the Final Fantasy 3 that the 3DS deserved.

Reactions: Stephano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD1yhxNik