• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that is the fundamental end goal of your position. You're telling people that they should welcome people who hate them into their communities by having to "hear" people out. Even you realize there are exceptions that can and should be excluded. People do not have to be heard out, actually. There's no obligation whatsoever in any capacity to have to hear out people, even if their opinions are benign.
What im saying is that both sides should be heard out and assholes who hate a group because they just dont like who they are shouldn't be heard out. ITS THAT SIMPLE

If you hate someone for being different from you in a way its just petty. you dont deserve to be heard out

• Love
Reactions: CraddaPoosta

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the analogy that it's like a meal-swap. Everyone turns up with things they've made and you can agree to disagree on tons of topics- Should pineapple go on a pizza, what seasoning is best, how hot should a madras curry be and so on, but if someone comes to the swap-meet with a big tub of cold diarrhea (aka most of the US right with their backwards, imbecillic ideals) then they can and should be told to fuck off.

No good comes from tolerating intolerance, if you're not willing to live and let live I have a nice cold hole in the ground I'd like you to get in.
Here's some "live and let live for you".

There are two genders. Only two. They cannot be changed. Ever. No surgery or chemicals can change XX to XY, or vice versa.

So, live and let live. If you don't agree, keep on moving, buddy. Be tolerant and accepting. Stop being such a hateful, bigoted hypocrite.

• Haha
Reactions: OM3GAZX and Xzi

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What im saying is that both sides should be heard out and assholes who hate a group because they just dont like who they are shouldn't be heard out. ITS THAT SIMPLE
But if those ideas lead to harm, should we listen to them? Because I can show you the demonstrable and documented harm by the status quo that the right is trying to preserve at best, and god forbid embolden at worst. Is the line drawn at "yelling slurs" or do we take the logical position of drawing it at "supporting positions that result in societal and institutional harm?" Because then a massive chunk of Trump's platform is going to have to be excluded.

You can't just take a position that all sides should be heard out when the two positions are "don't make life worse for people" and "make life as bad as possible for people."

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you agree that most right-wing politicians with anti-LGBT/POC/woman voting practices, and the incels that support them, should not be heard out. Now we're getting somewhere.
That's not at all what he said. The biggest bigots and hypocrites are bred and indoctrinated by the left. You feel ENTITLED to be able to speak to people like this when they disagree with you, but if someone bashed you as hard for being a silly Billy who thinks that gender is a construct and not physical science, you think you can go off on them with aplomb.

Hypocrite. Bigot. Hater.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's some "live and let live for you".

There are two genders. Only two. They cannot be changed. Ever. No surgery or chemicals can change XX to XY, or vice versa.

So, live and let live. If you don't agree, keep on moving, buddy. Be tolerant and accepting. Stop being such a hateful, bigoted hypocrite.
You're thinking of sexes. Gender is and always has been a social construct. Not sure how we got on this topic in this thread though...is this actually about you wanting to express support for the Russian invasion?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you agree that most right-wing politicians with anti-LGBT/POC/women voting practices, and the incels that support them, should not be heard out. Now we're getting somewhere.
I just wonder... why do you want people to accept your imagnary gender, when you couldn't accept what you were born as, in the first place? Doesn't it all start with YOU?

Isn't that true for EVERYONE?

Change and understanding and empathy starts with YOU. So, stop being so bigoted, and accept that it's okay for people to disagree with you without trying to demonize them. Come up with a better argument, and you won't need insults.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're thinking of sexes. Gender is and always has been a social construct. Not sure how we got on this topic in this thread though...is this actually about you wanting to express support for the Russian invasion?
I couldn't possibly care less about Russia or Ukraine. The topic was already derailed the moment people needed to invoke Godwin's Law 2.0.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is honestly a good point. We should probably re-rail the thread.

Slava Ukraini!

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is honestly a good point. We should probably re-rail the thread.

Slava Ukraini!
I suppose since we're on the topic of Ukraine again, does anyone else feel that the use of "Glory to Ukraine" is kind of messy? Like, I dunno, nation defending itself or not, what with the Azov Battalion I feel apprehensive about posting glory to any country given how heavily nationalist of a phrase it is.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would probably get more replies, Draven, if you weren't so mad about trans people.
It's not the people. I've met a few "trans" folk who aren't like you, brother. They don't attack people who won't play along with their fantasies, because they understand that no one should ever be forced to participate in specific behavior, or to support it.

Do you understand the difference between acceptance and tolerance?

I TOLERATE you pretending to be a woman. You have that right. You can pretend to be whatever you want. But, I will never ACCEPT you as a woman, because you aren't one, and can never be one. That pesky Y chromosome, and all.

I can tolerate your behavior, but I will not accept a lie. I will also not accept your abuse for you demanding my right to think as I will. If you had a better argument, you wouldn't need attacks and bigotry.

Be more tolerant. I won't ask you to accept anything that conflicts with your moral code. Tolerance is a different story.

It's exactly what you are asking for, but will not grant to others. Tolerate that there are people who won't ever call you ma'am, because you have a penis. No one said you had to accept that point of view. Just ignore it and move on.

That's exactly what you want the other side to do. Show that you can do the same, and the whole world will be a better place.

Reactions: OM3GAZX

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I suppose since we're on the topic of Ukraine again, does anyone else feel that the use of "Glory to Ukraine" is kind of messy? Like, I dunno, nation defending itself or not, what with the Azov Battalion I feel apprehensive about posting glory to any country given how heavily nationalist of a phrase it is.
In general I'd absolutely agree but it's an easily repeatable phrase that does two things- Shows support to the Ukraini people and upsets anyone thick enough to be sucking putin's dick. If it weren't for the war I'd never use it as Ukraine definitely has a lot of internal issues to sort out but as long as Russia wants to swing it's (increasingly obviously) impotent dick around it makes for a fantastic slogan.

Plus the standard 'reply' is heroyam slava (glory to the heroes) which I think is very much warranted.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's walking the line of being overly-nationalistic for sure, but given the context I view it more as a finger in the eye of Russian imperialism/Putin than anything else.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's walking the line of being overly-nationalistic for sure, but given the context I view it more as a finger in the eye of Russian imperialism/Putin than anything else.
This is much more succinct than what I said xD

It's just generic transphobia. Put more effort in your rage-walls if you want them to be read.
Lmao is that wee fud still going? I blocked them so if they've wasted any time replying in here I've certainly not read it!

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general I'd absolutely agree but it's an easily repeatable phrase that does two things- Shows support to the Ukraini people and upsets anyone thick enough to be sucking putin's dick. If it weren't for the war I'd never use it as Ukraine definitely has a lot of internal issues to sort out but as long as Russia wants to swing it's (increasingly obviously) impotent dick around it makes for a fantastic slogan.

Plus the standard 'reply' is heroyam slava (glory to the heroes) which I think is very much warranted.
Yeah, these are both fair positions as well. We've got confirmation that brass is reading online posts and shit so I'd imagine it probably sucks as a boot on the ground to have to read that the whole world is against an invasion you probably aren't even big on. There's undeniable utility in the phrasing itself, I'm still just apprehensive about calling a nation glorious and not its people.

Reactions: Xzi

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao is that wee fud still going? I blocked them so if they've wasted any time replying in here I've certainly not read it!
I don't block anyone unless they're a spammer. I just scroll past their posts and be really snide. Nothing makes right wingers more upset than a condescending woman.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this thread broke my AI subsystem and prob fried somthing..... ima run a syscheck and try to understand how TF you all keep thinking that "Hearing out people who aren't assholes from both sides" is hateful....
I thought I explained it pretty well, that even if the person is harmless in intent and is just duped into supporting the positions, the person they're supporting result in net negative qualities of life as a whole even if on the surface their stances sound benign like "I want family values," or "I want our workforce protected," because both of these phrases have come to entail religiously sourced oppression of various sexualities and gender identities or outright xenophobia, respectively. No one said your position was hateful and I think you should quit trying to see it like that.

Reactions: Xzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__