• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did they ban Russia from the SWIFT yet ? or are they still dragging their feet?
For some reason, nope.
Thats what Ultra Right wing Conservatives wanted to project mostly because anything against President Biden.
Most Normal Right Conservatives are not for this conflict.
the problem is the Normal Conservatives are being slient and all your hearing is the American Nazis sect.
As someone who would consider themselves a "right conservative", I agree. Myself and friends who also consider themselves part of that group are not on Russia's 'side'. (Though I am not American, but they seem to be keeping fairly silent here too in UK from what I've seen.)

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I'm enjoying the cringe and shallowness from celebrities, politicians and "news casters" alike. This video combines the best tidbits of all the responses from the celebrities that are going to "save" all of us from this Ukraine disaster. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people, but good lord, never let a good crisis go to waste with mountains of stupidity.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Baseless conspiracy theories. "Russia didn't want to take the land that they've occupied ever since?" Give me a break. It's incredibly obvious now that Crimea was just a test run for the whole of Ukraine.
Your quote is a baseless conspiracy theory. Russia had no interest in escalating the Maidan situation. Neither did the former president who fled the country. So who were those snipers? Only the US or Ukrainian extremists would benefit from an escalation. The former president was declared as pro-Russian, the Eastern Ukrainians as Russians whose rights were trampled upon (cutting off water supplies in Crimea, removing the Russian language was announced very swiftly). To be honest, I am surprised it took 8 years for Russia to actualy invade. In Crimea, they were already stationed there. The US launched a war against Panama in order to protect 30 thousand Americans. Russia waited 8 years to protect millions of Russians before launching a war.

Sounds like you're thinking of contracts between the US and Germany. Of course we have a say in those. We have no say in energy contracts between Germany and Russia, and that's the topic at hand. Germany chose to cancel those contracts of their own free will, as punishment for Russia invading.
The US has immense economic power due to the USD being the reserve currency. Yes, Germany put the project on hold because Germans fought hard in WW1 and WW2 to separate Russian lands.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
while people are dying Panda here is crying about orange man and the conservatives
People have been dying in the Lugansk and Donetsk for 8 years. The 13000 deaths are mostly casualties in that region. Liveleak was full of blown up civilians in the streets. Only if Russia does this to its people (see Chechnya), does it bother the West. It is always for separatism within Russia (and actively tries to foster it), but against separatism in Ukraine and other anti-Russian states.
Free Catalonia, free Scotland.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
People have been dying in the Lugansk and Donetsk for 8 years. The 13000 deaths are mostly casualties in that region. Liveleak was full of blown up civilians in the streets. Only if Russia does this to its people (see Chechnya), does it bother the West. It is always for separatism within Russia (and actively tries to foster it), but against separatism in Ukraine and other anti-Russian states.
Free Catalonia, free Scotland.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-repeats-long-running-claim-genocide-ukraine/

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Use your own words. I have not spoken of Genocide. I claim that of the casualities 13000 (or so) since 2014, the majority has been on the side of Eastern Ukrainians (in Lugansk and Donetsk). It is a fact.
When a lot Eastern Ukrainians were burnt to death in a building in Odessa, the German president Steinmeier (foreign minister at the time) wanted to lay down flowers for the victims but was too afraid of the Ukrainian nationalists.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Use your own words. I have not spoken of Genocide. I claim that of the casualities since 13000, the majority has been on the side of Eastern Ukrainians (in Lugansk and Donetsk). It is a fact.
When a lot Eastern Ukrainians were burnt to death in a building in Odessa, the German president Steinmeier (foreign minister at the time) wanted to lay down flowers for the victims but was too afraid of the Ukrainian nationalists.
You claim that people have been dying for 8 years. A lot of people died in 2014 to 2016 after the Russian instigated insurrection in the region. The forces maintained active but civilian casualties dropped immensely. And as you can read in the article they are not target but colateral from both sides of the conflict. You tend to get that in a war or gerrilla zone. There was and is conflict there because of Russia, it's obviously not a justification for Russian invasion.

The Odessa building fire you are referring to btw, was occupied by separatist forces and was attacked - not by Ukrainian army forces but by activists. A lot of the 2014 war and today's war as well is fought not only by the army but by the civilians defending their country. You are mudding the waters.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Use your own words. I have not spoken of Genocide. I claim that of the casualities since 13000, the majority has been on the side of Eastern Ukrainians (in Lugansk and Donetsk). It is a fact.
Sources? For me a lot of this sounds like pure bs.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Keep Scotland out of this battle please my country had a vote and we decided to rightly stay part of the United Kingdom thank you very much
45% wanted to leave. A large enough bases for China or Russia to intervene non-militarily. Western countries should mind their own business before China or Russia get ideas.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sources? For me a lot of this sounds like pure bs.
I am the source. You can take it or leave it. I remember news on TV and in newspaper about this.
This website (which I do not know) has documented an article from "the Handelsblatt" I remember:
-snip-
Look for the word "Kranz" (floral wreath in German).

Last edited by linuxares,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am the source. You can take it or leave it. I remember news on TV and in newspaper about this.
This website (which I do not know) has documented an article from "the Handelsblatt" I remember:
-snip-
Look for the word "Kranz" (floral wreath in German).
Sorry for not trusting someone from China as a credible source on eastern European matters. I prefer proper news sources.

Also why would I check a German newspaper for Brazilians?
Also it runs outdated software. I will remove the URL in this case for safety of our users. We normally don't do this but that site seems to be a virus host, waiting to happen.

EDIT: It's a propaganda news paper from China. So nothing to see folks. Just full of misinformation.

Last edited by linuxares,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You claim that people have been dying for 8 years. A lot of people died in 2014 to 2016 after the Russian instigated insurrection in the region. The forces maintained active but civilian casualties dropped immensely. And as you can read in the article they are not target but colateral from both sides of the conflict. You tend to get that in a war or gerrilla zone. There was and is conflict there because of Russia, it's obviously not a justification for Russian invasion.

The Odessa building fire you are referring to btw, was occupied by separatist forces and was attacked - not by Ukrainian army forces but by activists. A lot of the 2014 war and today's war as well is fought not only by the army but by the civilians defending their country. You are mudding the waters.
If you cut the water supply to a region, I´d call it targeting civilians. Wouldn´t you?
The people who died in the Odessa building fire were murdered. They were stopped from leaving. I remember some who made it out and were beaten and kicked in the head by a crowd. The "activists" were laughing as people burnt alive. You can call them activists but it just reveals your bias. Compared to the American Jan6 freedom fighters (see how I can play this game too?), the Ukrainian "activists" are Nazis... oh wait, they actually are (as can be found in the link I just posted: strg+F "Hitlergruß").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    C @ Clayton44333: to install retroarch on ps4 9.00