'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' reportedly broadcasted on Argentine TV channel

mario movie.jpg

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is still airing in theatres only and breaking box office records, with no official streaming or broadcast release... except if you live in Argentina. As reported by The Games Spoof, Argentinian TV channel GenTV apparently aired the full movie, in good quality and in Spanish dub a week after its theatrical release. Snippets of the broadcast have been shared on Twitter and YouTube:

As GenTV likely infringed Copyright laws, there might be further actions taken against the TV channel.

:arrow: SOURCE

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The.Super.Mario.Bros.Movie.2023.1080p._.Dual.Audio.X264.Will1869

Apparently it has the first credits scene but not the final post credits scene which is only a few seconds

It might be from the TC that I've seen mention of. Apparently the first actual telecine in years. (This means using a special machine to digitise one frame at a time from the actual film strip)

Edit: I could believe this is the TC, the video is pretty good and really doesn't look like a cam. The English audio might be cam or line, it's not horrible but it's not crisp. Might wait to see if we get matched subtitles for this copy, as we watch with subtitles anyway.
Quality was alright. There were certain parts at the beginning as if they were replaced with high-quality clips online, as you can hear a slight change in audio, such as with the Super Mario commercial and the introduction to Bowser. Still, not a bad recording.

Reactions: hippy dave

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Argentina not only have the lowest eShop prices but free movies too!

My God. do you think people in Argentina pay for games? they get to watch movies which are in the cinema for free. You can download the files straight from the Argentina national football team website for every console known to man. password for files is ether:-

• maradona
  • messi
  • di maria (the rat face)
  • referee

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might be from the TC that I've seen mention of. Apparently the first actual telecine in years. (This means using a special machine to digitise one frame at a time from the actual film strip)
There haven't been real TCs in at least ten years. It's just a pretty good Camrip. For a TC you would need an actual film strip, which basically don't exist anymore. Everything now comes digitally encrypted on hard drives. Some Chinese pirates started tagging stuff as HDTC years ago, which actually didn't mean TC but TS and the tagging was just carried over to other regions, none of which have ever been actual TCs.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There haven't been real TCs in at least ten years. It's just a pretty good Camrip. For a TC you would need an actual film strip, which basically don't exist anymore. Everything now comes digitally encrypted on hard drives. Some Chinese pirates started tagging stuff as HDTC years ago, which actually didn't mean TC but TS and the tagging was just carried over to other regions, none of which have ever been actual TCs.
But I read about it on the internet, therefore it must be true! Wait, I just read you say the opposite, also on the internet, so that must also be true. It's a genuine paradox.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But I read about it on the internet, therefore it must be true! Wait, I just read you say the opposite, also on the internet, so that must also be true. It's a genuine paradox.
Nowadays there's only a few and far cinemas in between that still use actual analog film rolls. The other 99.99% play digital files and you can't create a TC out of that. Make of this what you will, the Mario file still remains a Cam, albeit one of the more decent ones.

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is still airing in theatres only and breaking box office records, with no official streaming or broadcast release... except if you live in Argentina. As reported by The Games Spoof, Argentinian TV channel GenTV apparently aired the full movie, in good quality and in Spanish dub a week after its theatrical release. Snippets of the broadcast have been shared on Twitter and YouTube:

As GenTV likely infringed Copyright laws, there might be further actions taken against the TV channel.

:arrow: SOURCE

based

LingFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is South America, and similar to Laos and Cambodia (though even more so with the latter two countries), Copyright isn't typically a hot topic.
People on the english-speaking side of the internet tend to forget that the world isn't just a couple of countries.
regardless of whether intentional or not, based.

Last edited by LingFox,
Reactions: Megadriver94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...