The Switch version of Deliver Us The Moon has been cancelled

H3mlYZV.png

Though the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One recently saw the release of KeokeN Interactive's Deliver Us The Moon, those interested in playing the game on the Nintendo Switch were told to hang tight and wait for a port, planned for release sometime this summer. As of six weeks since the game's launch on other platforms, that plan has changed, however, as development on the Switch version of the game has been completely cancelled. It appears that work on the game was troubled, even prior to COVID-19, but the impact from the pandemic was enough to push the team to decide to cancel the project. Those that pre-ordered the game are being told to contact their respective retailer in order to get a refund.

Hello Astronauts,

It has been just over 6 weeks since we launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 - and we have been overwhelmed with the love, passion and positive feedback for the game shown by fans worldwide.

We had planned to include Nintendo Switch in our release schedule. However, today we unfortunately bring news that we will no longer be releasing a Nintendo Switch version of Deliver Us The Moon.

We have a duty to our players and to our teams, and after careful consideration, we have discontinued the development..

The decision has been made based on a number of factors, not helped by the industry-wide stresses that have been felt by the Covid-19 pandemic, which has made every task just that little bit harder.

We understand the disappointment this may cause and if you have preordered the game for Nintendo Switch, you can get in touch with your retailer to cancel this.

Thank you for your patience and support - other missions have only just begun and we look forward to sharing news on where these rockets take us next...

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp Review

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Think about it. Would you rather have a terrible version of the game that runs at choppy framerates and low resolutions or be forced to get it on a different platform where it actually performs well? I can only assume the circumstances that caused the cancellation were outside of the developer's control, don't blame them.

Allow me to correct you: The Switch isnt cut for the job that the PS4, XBone, and PC already do: Playing hardcore, resource-intensive games at high framerates. Nintendo focuses on fun, not on hardware. Their consoles aren't made to handle games with 4K textures and infinite worlds that you'll never fully explore running at 420fps, they were made to handle fucking Mario. That doesn't make it bad, it just means it probably isn't what more hardcore gamers are after.

He didn't even say that the switch is bad or anything.... just that Switch isn't cut for nowadays 3rd party games and its true. Tegra chip can do only so much.

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game was trash the first time it released. Still trash after its second release. Developers suck at what they do. Poorly optimized game. Market is flooded with mediocre broken glitched trash games like this, coming from both indie and AAA developers.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well now I just wanna shoplift a PS4 copy. Fuck these devs.

What do you intend to achieve with this?
Any store you visit will already have purchased the copy you are stealing.

Shoplifting a copy will only cause a loss for the store, and possibly even cause them to have to purchase even more copies to stock shelves. Causing the developer to be paid twice.

If you where to steal a digital copy, that might be something else. But stealing a copy at your local store is not the way to protest.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the salt in this thread is amazing
I see a bit of salt and some very reasonable criticisms.

Frankly, I don't give a crap about this game and hadn't even heard of it until today. But people who funded it should also be refunded if they donated with the promise of a Switch port.
Game was trash the first time it released. Still trash after its second release. Developers suck at what they do. Poorly optimized game. Market is flooded with mediocre broken glitched trash games like this, coming from both indie and AAA developers.
Every idiot who can write code thinks they know how to make a game. Then we end up with unoptimized garbage, and both consumers and other clueless devs talking about how incapable a certain platform is because a few jackasses don't know what they're doing.

If the game drops to sub 20 FPS on Xbox One X that should tell people just how bad the developer is at game creation. Probably another case of "Oh I'll put my spaghetti code into Unity/Unreal Engine and compile it for console there".

There's a ton of stuff that can be done to make games run on consoles that randoms don't think can be done. Assuming it's not an issue with the code (which it usually is), there are a lot of things that can be done graphically to help. I've seen gameplay of it running at over 40-70 FPS @1080i on lower end PCs (dual core i3s from almost a decade ago, and a GTX 650 Ti), so I think it would be completely possible to get 30 FPS with 720p or 900p with the equivalent of lower PC graphics settings to have it running on Switch.

The reason ESO isn't on Switch is because of the file size, and not any issues with the actual important hardware.

Here's the game running on an older PC, if that can hit 70 FPS and 40 FPS on the lows, there's no reason the Switch shouldn't be able to do a locked 30 FPS with similar graphics (yes, there might be some custom configuration going on, but that's nothing the devs couldn't implement)

Think about it. Would you rather have a terrible version of the game that runs at choppy framerates and low resolutions or be forced to get it on a different platform where it actually performs well? I can only assume the circumstances that caused the cancellation were outside of the developer's control, don't blame them.

Allow me to correct you: The Switch isnt cut for the job that the PS4, XBone, and PC already do: Playing hardcore, resource-intensive games at high framerates. Nintendo focuses on fun, not on hardware. Their consoles aren't made to handle games with 4K textures and infinite worlds that you'll never fully explore running at 420fps, they were made to handle fucking Mario. That doesn't make it bad, it just means it probably isn't what more hardcore gamers are after.
Adding to this, actually optimizing code and adjusting the graphics accordingly will get something running on the Switch @30 FPS at 720P.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically 99% of the gaming industry lmao
Consoles are known for having shitty framedrops, you will barely see a title on a console that is 60 fps
I've played very few games on current gen gen consoles (excluding Switch) that I've seen have really bad frame drops. If the game chugs down to like 10-15 FPS on Xbox One X, that's not an issue with the console, that's on the developers and the fact that now they can get away with releasing poorly optimized crap and nobody will complain because "it looks good". (i know some games, like the original Dark Souls had big dips in areas like Blighttown)

The games I've seen actually do poorly performance wise are usually crowdfunded crap like this.

AAA has their fair share of not meeting performance standards. Monster Hunter World(heck even 3U on the WiiU) and virtually all Fromsoft Soulsborne titles suffer from some form of bad performance here and there.
Aside from Blighttown and New Londo Ruins, I've never had big issues with Dark Souls games. I didn't play Dark Souls 2 though.

For MH World, I know PC optimization is kind of bad, I haven't heard the same about consoles though. MH World's PC slowdown is also due to some bad coding and the anti-cheat.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games I've seen actually do poorly performance wise are usually crowdfunded crap like this.

AAA has their fair share of not meeting performance standards. Monster Hunter World(heck even 3U on the WiiU) and virtually all Fromsoft Soulsborne titles suffer from some form of bad performance here and there.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Seeing a lot of salty people here, just buy yerself a good pc, like 98% of the switch's library is on there already.
Portability, son. I barely get time to play videogames at home, and people like me are one of the primary target audiences for Switch - you can't just whip out "a good PC" at commute or lunch breaks.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Can they actually finish the fucking game, decide what to do with it, and THAN anounce it, instead of cancel it?! fucking developers!
THERES NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN CANCELED GAMES.

Don't fucking talk about it if you ain't gonna release it!

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If that's the case it sounds like more of a case of the developers not knowing what they're doing than consoles not being able to handle it.
I don't agree tho while not being super visually impressive the scenes that do cause the drops are typical of scenes like that where stuff is going on way more taxing than how a game visually looks. The beginning of the game is taxing because of a dust storm raging around you and in the distance a wall of dust coming closer not just being a background. All those dust particles end up to be super taxing no matter what developer doing the work. Could it have run a bit more smoothly on the X ? Probably, but still doubt on the switch unless they take out stuff like the dust storm that would make it lose what the game is all about

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the real reason: the switch could never run it. after they seen the outer worlds switch version and the disappointment that came from users they just said fuck this not wasting our time no more! :P

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
the real reason: the switch could never run it. after they seen the outer worlds switch version and the disappointment that came from users they just said fuck this not wasting our time no more! :P
They can always optimize the game to run perfectly.....if they want to that is.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Portability, son. I barely get time to play videogames at home, and people like me are one of the primary target audiences for Switch - you can't just whip out "a good PC" at commute or lunch breaks.
Yeah you can actually
57a64932fcddce62f5c7f49cc3838e05.jpg

You just need to get ripped

Jokes aside, yeah, your's a fair point, I guess I myself don't care much as I mostly play at home.
And don't find the switch that much portable tbh, its a bit too large for that imo.

Reactions: Pipistrele

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1