Hacking The ultimate list of mods to enter RCM

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I did some research and tried my hand at soldering for the first time ever.

The result? Pretty easy DIY joyconhax here's the pics

download_20180516_221547.jpg Screenshot_20180516-222604.png

luca1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone been able to use the thigverse one? Ive paid someone to 3d print it for me but it won't fit perfectly into the socket, it sorta gets underneath it.

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i haven't read any of the replies so i dont know if this has been mentioned but you can also access RCM mode with some tinfoil and the right joycon
explains how to do it at around 1:50

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't read any of the replies so i dont know if this has been mentioned but you can also access RCM mode with some tinfoil and the right joycon
explains how to do it at around 1:50
It's a bad idea. Tin foil can break apart easily, and if it does and finds its way to the wrong pins your switch can be fried.

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on the sub-reddit. I'll copy it over into this thread. I would only suggest doing this mod if you are extremely comfortable with a soldering iron. I'm not responsible if you mess up your Joy-Con. With that being said below are the things I used to make this possible:

This is exactly the idea I had looking at all these, either using a tact switch or a micro spdt slide switch, so it's not shorted all the time. Thanks for the pics and writeup. So it just has to be shorted to ground, not specifically a pin 1 or 7 ground then? I'm buying my Switch this weekend likely, so I can do this for Atmosphere ahead of Nintendo's scramble to release new hardware.

M-Gardevoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did a pretty simple (and a little bit ugly) soldering on pin 1 and 10 (not the pin itself ofc).

Working like a charm, i don't need anymore corrupting my NAND like AutoRCM or stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    pball79 @ pball79: I'm back