Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Other restrictions like what? I'm fairly new to the scene. Also, is there only Wood R4 and YSMenu as custom kernel options for flashcards?
Wood is not a "custom option" - it mainly works on supported cards and these cards get advertised with that. Which kernels work on which card depends on the card.

LaeLita

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
can I use an sand disc adapter instead

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can I use sandisc adapter instead since im in Canada no way of getting a flash

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I happen to have an R4iSDHC Dual-Core (r4isdhc.com) card, but the year says 2021. That may mean that it's incompatible, or maybe not, but let's say that I plan to flash it anyway. Will it brick, or just stop before it starts the flashing process? In case it gets bricked, is it possible to flash it back to normal with ntrboot_flasher.firm to unbrick it?

Edit: It has the "Touch! Bomberman Land" icon, by the way, and it has the yellow PCB.

Last edited by MushGuy,

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I decided to give it a try myself. I used ntrboot_flasher.firm to turn my flashcart into an NTRBoot card. The backing up and flashing process were both successful, but there wasn't any way to try it because I didn't have any unhacked systems handy (they were all hacked with boot9strap). So I tried to flash it back to its original state. No bricking happened, and it works once again as the flashcart it was before. In short, while I can't confirm that it works as an NTRBoot card, at least I can confirm that flashing it back resulted in no brick.

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, so I decided to give it a try myself. I used ntrboot_flasher.firm to turn my flashcart into an NTRBoot card. The backing up and flashing process were both successful, but there wasn't any way to try it because I didn't have any unhacked systems handy (they were all hacked with boot9strap). So I tried to flash it back to its original state. No bricking happened, and it works once again as the flashcart it was before. In short, while I can't confirm that it works as an NTRBoot card, at least I can confirm that flashing it back resulted in no brick.
Yeah. All r4isdhc.com cards that are newer than 2013 work (2014-current)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...