Hacking The ultimate list of NTRBoot compatible flashcards

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have cards that are "not officially supported". How am I supposed to flash them, since the official flasher doesn't recognize them as hackable? Is it possible on a 3DS that is already running CFW or do I have to revert to an NDS Lite? Am I supposed to use a memory card, and if so, what do I need to put on it?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have cards that are "not officially supported". How am I supposed to flash them, since the official flasher doesn't recognize them as hackable? Is it possible on a 3DS that is already running CFW or do I have to revert to an NDS Lite? Am I supposed to use a memory card, and if so, what do I need to put on it?
Which card do you want to flash?

metorresv

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi! Sorry to bother. Is this card compatible? It says that "upgrade" cards are allowed but this one is different. Would you please help me out? I don't want to brick my console. I can't post links yet, it's black and purple, says "R4i SDHC Upgrade" and has a 2015 mark on it.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! Sorry to bother. Is this card compatible? It says that "upgrade" cards are allowed but this one is different. Would you please help me out? I don't want to brick my console. I can't post links yet, it's black and purple, says "R4i SDHC Upgrade" and has a 2015 mark on it.
Post a link with some spaces separating it (like www example com / image jpg), a textual description isn't enough

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which URL does it have?
1. R4isdhc.com
2. R4isdhc.HK
3. R4isdhc.com.cn
4. R4isdhc.in
5. Other

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 gold pro from r4isdhc.com is supported too, and it's also the cheapest card on nds-card.com

EDIT: I just realised you already mentioned it under the R4(i) SDHC category...
Does it matter what year? Mine is a 2014 (I've had it for years) I was actually about to do this now but I don't want to brick my little r4 (or my 3ds if it's possible to do with this method) thanks for any help

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those peopel looking to see if your ace3ds or clone is compatible.

Every compatible one i've seen has a Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis icon. If the card has that, you souhld be good with ntrboot, and it should detect properly.

If your ace3ds+ does not have that icon, try and find a firmware update.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've heard rumors of older versions. but if it works on current OFW, it should have the spongebob icon, and should work. i've yet to test an earlier one.

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

casthecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R4(i) SDHC
Also known as: R4(i) SDHC RTS Lite, R4(i) SDHC Dual-Core, R4(i) SDHC Gold Pro, R4(i) SDHC Snoopy and R4(i) SDHC Upgrade.
All cards from this team with "2014", "2015", "2016", "2017" and "2018" are supported. All of these cards have the same hardware and are a rebrand of the "R4i 3DS RTS".
This card has a timebomb.
Cards with "2013" or "New" label are NOT supported. Cards with similar names that have websites that are not in this list are NOT supported. Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.

I'm sorry if it is a dumb question, but I'd like to know if the R4(i) SDHC Gold PRO labeled with "2019" is compatible because in this quote says "New", but I didn't get if it means newer than 2018 or the word "New". I'll provide the pictures below.
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (1).jpg ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (2).jpg ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Also, I didn't quite get the timebomb thing. If I use a custom kernel like Wood R4 it is not going to have this problem or is it a firmware thing?

Last edited by casthecold,

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry if it is a dumb question, but I'd like to know if the R4(i) SDHC Gold PRO labeled with "2019" is compatible because in this quote says "New", but I didn't get if it means newer than 2018 or the word "New". I'll provide the pictures below.
Also, I didn't quite get the timebomb thing. If I use a custom kernel like Wood R4 it is not going to have this problem or is it a firmware thing?

2019 should be compatible. The "new" label was used before the 2013 label.
You can't use the Wood R4 Kernel. The YSMenu kernel works on these cards and has no timebomb but it might have other restrictions.

casthecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2019 should be compatible. The "new" label was used before the 2013 label.
You can't use the Wood R4 Kernel. The YSMenu kernel works on these cards and has no timebomb but it might have other restrictions.

Other restrictions like what? I'm fairly new to the scene. Also, is there only Wood R4 and YSMenu as custom kernel options for flashcards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup