OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Well we as nds homebrewers sure are lucky when it comes to homebrew. There are hundreds of choices for home-made and coded original (or not) games. The only problem is that well ..... most of them are of equivalent quality as a peice of steaming crap (or the gba temp podcast... ooooohhhh
laugh.gif
). As a result this topic s for you people out there who wanted somthing on your ds that you played and said

"wow! that would really work on a ds!"

Here are my suggestions and why:

- Crimsonland; any top down shooter would work on a DS.... we just dont have any good ones yet (operation veitnam=
wtf.gif
) found at: http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/

-Endless war same reasons as crimsonland, a fun and addictive shooter that was created for flash. found here: http://www.uberarcade.com/flash/endless-war-3.html

-my top request!!!! the game that I think would be the best nds homebrew is this: soldat. This game is PERFECT for the ds. The game is like counter strike only 2 dimensional (counter strike meets worms)! it has a simple control scheme (stylus used for aim) and it does not require immense graphical poweress. also very addicttive. can be downloaded for FREE (recmmends registry but does not enforce it) at http://www.acid-play.com/download/soldat/

in fact; here is a screenshot of soldat in action: (the comment is somthing the soldier "types" after killing someone

foto_soldat.jpg

sorry for the long read; but I hope you get my desire for these games on a ds! (btw a ds flash player would also be nice along with geos , etc but i digress...
dry.gif
)

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The owner of soldat isn't releasing his source anytime soon and I highly doubt you would be able to use the servers without it. Another huge problem is the 30KB/sec limit, but I don't know how much Soldat uses.

I am currently working on a top down shooter, but I can see why one hasn't been developed yet

Edit: The DS isn't powerful enough to play flash games, never going to happen

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean the exact game.
I meant something similiar.
It'd make a good homebrew.

The flash focus minigame is boring.
And the dude always hits it even when he hits opposite where it is.

And it's limited.

Edit: I need to learn to think.
The Balls of Fury game is ping pong.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
A Worms game (either Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, or Worms World Party) that uses original CD data with a made-for-DS engine (much like the Wolf3D and Lemmings projects). Open Warfare 2 is an amazing game, but I know there are some people that would also like to take the PC versions with them.

bushmaori

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would really like to see a Bleach DS 2nd translation, maybe even just the menus and say the card effects as well.
I looked into doing this myself but lost straight away and then I felt stupid.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Worms game (either Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, or Worms World Party) that uses original CD data with a made-for-DS engine (much like the Wolf3D and Lemmings projects). Open Warfare 2 is an amazing game, but I know there are some people that would also like to take the PC versions with them.

The DS doesn't have enough pixels for that.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that I expect anyone to develop these, but I'd love to see some of the old Microprose PC games on the DS. X-Com, Master of Magic, Civ, Master of Orion... that and Tyrian.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/HzRGkeVySqE?si=RpzYP5tJsOViNLRj