Gaming The Way Remastered - Game Breaking Bug!

Frexxos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Way Remastered is available for Switch. But before you jump in, you should be aware of a game-breaking bug that can occur during the second boss fight. Developer SONKA has already submitted a fix to Nintendo.
Game Breaking means in this case: "Error occured - this software will be shutdown" - aaaand all of your savegame is gone! If you start the game again - its like you never played before and only "New Game" is available!!!
The Dev send a patch to nintendo but they are checking this - no one knows when the patch will be released!

Well... if I knew this earlier. Right now this error occured on my switch. I am really disappointed because I put over 3 hours in this game now - not that the time is the reason why I am disappointed - it's the fact that such "game breaking bug" even exists! Aren't there quality controls anymore?

More and more I got the feeling many companies and also game dev's are releasing "Banana-Products"! What does that mean? It's the way how they sell stuff. Let me explain:

When you sell bananas - you pick them up green and not eatable. After that you put the bananas in a box or whatever and ship them. And on the way to the customer - or even better, at the customers home itselt the "product" in our case the banana will ripe and will be eatable. So you "ship" a unfinished product - and leave the rest. Your job is done - you made money with green/not ripe bananas.

And I get more and more the feeling this is not only the strategy of banana sellers. A lot of companys do this like that. "Oh an error occured? let us fix this". And then they wait if "someone" finds the next error. Much more cost efficient.... They develop and evolve stuff on the costs of our customers.

What do you think about this bug or the release politics of game devs today! Should they be more "quality control"?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame, really good game. I checked and yes as suspected it's one of those porting companies that has pushed it out with said bug, rather than the original devs who might have taken more pride in it. Seems to be standard behaviour, I remember Binding of Isaac and People of Earth on 3DS being broken messes until multiple patches were released.

But yeah you're right about it having apparently become acceptable behaviour in the industry as a whole these days, and it sucks, maybe it needs more customers to kick up a fuss, or maybe we're past saving now.

Anyway hang in there, this game's worth waiting for, especially if you were as big a fan of Flashback as I was.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when you bought a game on a console and it just worked. In the 90's the game had to work because you could not update it. And that makes all the difference. It had to work. The same goes for everything in the 90's no firmware updates. the device had to work. end of story. Now you have to update your dumb tv to make it work better.................

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's easy to be annoyed when you've lost save data, but you should find some solace in the fact the game can be patched. I remember Bubble Bobble Revolution on the DS where the boss in Level 30 wouldn't spawn, meaning you could never access the remaining 70 levels lol.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when you bought a game on a console and it just worked. In the 90's the game had to work because you could not update it. And that makes all the difference. It had to work. The same goes for everything in the 90's no firmware updates. the device had to work. end of story. Now you have to update your dumb tv to make it work better.................

Except that didn't happen... there were -plenty- of games shipped with game breaking bugs that couldn't be patched.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that didn't happen... there were -plenty- of games shipped with game breaking bugs that couldn't be patched.
The many games i Played were fine. There are a few glitches. I never had a game breaking one till modern times...
I could always blast through all my fav nes and snes games....

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol