Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ThemeMii is a manager for Wii Themes
.NET Framework 2.0 is required!

For any further information, see: http://thememii.googlecode.com
Please use the Issue Tracker there to report any occuring bugs.

It's currently able to:

• Load mym files and edit them
  • Create new mym files
  • Create a csm from any mym
  • Create a mym from a csm
  • Browse through base app's for path's (including TPL preview)
  • Download base app's from NUS
  • More...

Download: http://code.google.com/p/thememii/downloads/list
    (Please just link to this site instead of mirroring the archive, thanks!)

Warning: Don't install themes without a proper brick protection.
    As this app is in it's early stages, it hasn't been tested much!

QUOTE said:
    Changelog:

Version 0.2
    • Made the window resizable
    • Added some basic instructions "? -> Help"
    • Added ability to install a theme directly to a nand backup (Tools menu)
    • Added option to Lz77 compress containers for smaller csm's (enabled by default!)
    • Added option to keep the extracted base app (enabled by default!)
    • Added save prompt when closing application (can be turned off)
    • Added I4, I8, IA4 and IA8 as TPL formats (not compatible with MyMenu!!!)
    • Fixed TPL formats (all images were RGB5A3 before, didn't matter what you selected)
    • Fixed a bug when downloading base app
    • Fixed previewing of Lz77 compressed non-tpl images (base app browsing)
    • csm to mym: Fixed errors with Yaz0 compressed files
    • csm to mym: Fixed forgotten containers in mym.ini[

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks man
smile.gif

I had just found out MyMenu...your app is a boost.

Keep the goodwork
grog.gif

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
Nice...

...but... i can't see the files for ex. health_ash_OUT... wenn browsing base wad...

Are you serious? For me it's working fine
blink.gif

Do you use Tools -> Browse.. or the browse buttons near the File textboxes of the entries?
And what base app are you using?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
//EDIT:
also at the browse buttons near the filepath.

316koc3.png
To fix the issue you were having with health screen not being replaced, change the EU to US in the File box in this screenshot
wink.gif

EDIT: BTW, I found a bit of a bug. If you select "Tools>Browse Base App", it says "You have to select a Standard System Menu", but when you go to select a Standard System Menu, it makes you download a Base App if it isn't found in the application directory. This makes the "Tools>Browse Base App" function practically useless.

EDIT: Realised that Browse Base App is for browsing inside the Base App, not for selecting a Base App from your computer. Never mind.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I am try to create a csm file using an existing mym I am getting Error " No entries left.." Any idea why? TY

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bula said:
When I am try to create a csm file using an existing mym I am getting Error " No entries left.." Any idea why? TY

Uncheck "Ignore Missing Entries" from the options menu and it will give you more detailed information on what's wrong.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leathl said:
bula said:

Uncheck "Ignore Missing Entries" from the options menu and it will give you more detailed information on what's wrong.

Thanks, Leathl. I am at work now but I'll try and post back tonight when I get home.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
this is confusing... do i need to find a csm file? where from? do i need a mym file? where from?
then what do i do?
do i use my wii or pc?

i really want to change my wii theme (have done since launch) was going to use mymenuifi or something but they(on wadder.net) said i should wait for a more friendly interface as it is super easy to brick the wii. (this was before bootmii was out)

now i'm ready to learn again, can someone gimme a hand?

pal wii
sys menu 4.2
bootmii boot 2
cios rev 10
8gb SD
320gb USB

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jazvdb said:
Wow thnks... again
grog.gif

But hmm can anyone help me use this?
I have no idea what is what...

Im talking about the:
[simg6]
[simg5]
[cont1]
[cont2]

Basically:
contX is a container (ASH or U8 archive) which has the files the theme will replace
simgX is a static PNG image i.e. an image replaced by the theme
sdtaX is a static file which isn't a PNG image that is replaced by the theme (e.g. a pre-convert TPL image)
cimgX is a custom PNG image i.e. an image that will be replaced, but ThemeMii will prompt the user applying the .mym to select the image
cdtaX is a custom file i.e. a file which isn't a PNG that ThemeMii will prompt user to select replacement file

In each, replace X with the number of that item e.g., you could have

Code:
[cont1]
[cimg1]
[cimg2]
[simg1]
[simg2]
[sdta1]
[cdta1] etc.

Then each of these has several "keys" each with a "value".(contX, simgX etc. is the "title"). Looks something like this:

CODE[title]
key=value
key=value

For contX, the keys are "File" and "Type". File is the location of the U8/ASH archive, Type is whether its ASH|U8 or U8 (ThemeMii auto-detects type). You select a container by adding a container and pressing ... beside File. Browse for the right one and select it, then press OK.

For cimgX and simgX, the keys are "File", "Source", "Width", "Height" and "Quality". File is the image to be replaced. Again, this can be found by pressing "..." beside file (in theory anyway, this appears to be broken for me). You can select the image you want to use by pressing "..." beside Filepath at the bottom. Enter the Width and Height, and select a quality.

That's all I have time for, I'll post more later if no-one does before I get a chance
wink.gif
Maybe a tut on how to replace health screen.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
this is confusing... do i need to find a csm file? where from? do i need a mym file? where from?
then what do i do?
do i use my wii or pc?

i really want to change my wii theme (have done since launch) was going to use mymenuifi or something but they(on wadder.net) said i should wait for a more friendly interface as it is super easy to brick the wii. (this was before bootmii was out)

now i'm ready to learn again, can someone gimme a hand?

pal wii
sys menu 4.2
bootmii boot 2
cios rev 10
8gb SD
320gb USB

you need an mym file (theme) or you have to created yourself one using thememii, take this file and create a csm file using correct *.app (thememii downloads it itself) for your SM .

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jazvdb said:
Thanks that made it a little understandable... lol

But maybe in the next release, it could show images of what you are replacing, for noobs like me

If you want to replace an image, make a new Static Image entry (simg) and use the browse ("...") button near the "File" box.
A window will open where you can browse for a tpl and you can also use the preview button to see the image.

Too find image, I recommend this link: http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=375
Scroll down to the "Links:" and you will see a list of all containers and when you click one, you'll see what images are in it.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leathl said:
bula said:

I am getting the same error with unchecked "Ignore Missing Entries".

Update:

I got it to work with unchecked "Auto-Source Manage". What does "Auto-Source Manage" suppose to do anyway? TY

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leathl said:
jazvdb said:
Thanks that made it a little understandable... lol

But maybe in the next release, it could show images of what you are replacing, for noobs like me

If you want to replace an image, make a new Static Image entry (simg) and use the browse ("...") button near the "File" box.
A window will open where you can browse for a tpl and you can also use the preview button to see the image.

Too find image, I recommend this link: http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=375
Scroll down to the "Links:" and you will see a list of all containers and when you click one, you'll see what images are in it.

For me, that seems to be broken. When I press "...", it shows some of the contents, but when I select "Layout" I cannot enter any of the folders within it.

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to add a replacement image. I added a simg, entered the name of the .tpl manually, entered "HealthScreen.png" in the Source box, entered the correct height and width in the boxes, selected RGBA8 as the quality, and browsed to HealthScreen.png in the box at the bottom. (I had already added the health.ash container). Then I pressed "Save mym", and it made a .mym file, but when I extracted it, all it had was "mym.ini" with the cont1 entry. There was no simg1 entry.

As well as this, after saving the .mym, if I added another simg, it would show up as simg1, even though there already was a simg1. And if I tried to save again, or selected the original simg1, the program crashed.

I appreciate that this is a beta, I hope you can crush these bugs and then this will be an amazing app. Or maybe it already is and I'm doing it wrong XD

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I experienced almost the same... that mym saving seems to be buggy.
Atm I'm playing around with similar made mym files.

I wonder if you could add format changing for multiple simg entrys. ?
Maybe you should consider to move the "mymout" folder to app path.

//EDIT:
Just tried making a mym including static data (with benzin created brylt file).
I opened a selfmade, working healthscreen mym file, changed image dimensions to my new needs (same as i set in the xmlyt file)
Then I added the static data. filled in the location and file in base app, left source empty (what I do everywhere) and filled the filepath(with copy&paste, no browse button) to my new brylt file.

So, when hitting "save mym" I'll get the mym file. but my static data file isn't in there. it also doesn't appear in the mym.ini ??

Another weird thing about the 1kb mym file, it always happen when i make a mym from scratch with Thememii. If I open a selfmade mym file and save it again, it's working proper.
But if i add something, like the static data, additions doesn't show up...

Maybe the relative path you choose for appOut,mymOut and new mym, causes anything.
I don't know... You still got me playing with it... i want it to work properly for me
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...