Things you recently bought or got

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Didn't find this by searching online (and don't know that laptop myself).

Memory upgrades are just mentioned for the complete 1600 series.
https://www.manualslib.com/products/Compaq-1600-Series-3365872.html
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/30104/Compaq-1600-Series.html?page=41#manual
https://www.opweb.de/english/compan...ion--Presario_1600-XL145--service--ID9162.pdf

Real bummer if there is no upgrade option. 64MB is pretty low.
It technically has less than that because the graphics card it is using (Trident CyberBlade) used some of the available SRAM. I think Windows has 56Mb available because the graphics chip uses 8Mb. That's why I said stick with Windows 98 Second Edition instead of going to Windows 2000. Win2k will run, but it won't be happy about it. Win98SE will run adequately on that, but don't expect much out of gaming. It'll run Doom, Wolf3D, Spear of Destiny, and such, but I doubt very much it would even play Starsiege: Tribes or Quake 2/3.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City with Wii Speak included: 35€

IMG_20230518_191348.jpg

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My non-recoil Sinden came in today. I bought the one with recoil originally thinking I would like it better but it turns out my hands shake enough without the recoil so I gave that to my kid and he promptly never touched it. Now I’m looking into a way to disable the recoil on that gun so my wife and I can play some 2-player Big Buck Hunter.

Attachments

• 70610521794__9FF6368C-2D19-4A97-BD21-D935630B044D.jpeg
    70610521794__9FF6368C-2D19-4A97-BD21-D935630B044D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to grow some plants in my backyard--I planed basil. mint, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc. And today they were harvestable!!

They made for an amazing salad! Can't wait for the tiny lemon tree I bought to have something!
Great job! it's so early already to get tomatoes! do you have a greenhouse? Maybe you live more in the south than me..!
Fresh vegetables grown at home (or from friends who grow vegetables) are the best.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Great job! it's so early already to get tomatoes! do you have a greenhouse? Maybe you live more in the south than me..!
Fresh vegetables grown at home (or from friends who grow vegetables) are the best.
I'm in Texas so I'm pretty south, haha. I planted some of them as early as February, cuz it was already mild here.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to grow some plants in my backyard--I planed basil. mint, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc. And today they were harvestable!!

View attachment 372339

They made for an amazing salad! Can't wait for the tiny lemon tree I bought to have something!
Feta might be good on that.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ordered some air brush supplies and decided to order a actual air brush compressor. Princess auto had some tankless compressors on-sale for $40 so I ordered one. Should get it next week. It was half off. I guess they are just trying to get rid of them.

Reactions: AncientBoi

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got one of these this week...

zjsrrrs4cdl_2048x2048.png

...spent several evenings this week dumping my GB/GBC/GBA collection to verify all work correctly, but mainly bought it for backing up save files from my GB/GBC games (already had the means to do GBA through a variety of methods). Unfortunately it was too late to backup my Pokémon Blue and Silver save files (from my original games that I purchased on their original release - kind of heartbreaking to lose 100% complete dex's on both, but at least all of the pokémon got migrated to gen3 and saved in Pokémon Box 20 years ago).

It's a fantastic little device and well worth investing in if you need to backup your save files before the carts battery dies. It will also write to the majority of modern bootleg carts - handy if you've picked up some cheap bootlegs and want to repurpose them.
I purchased mine from ZedLabz (along with some other bits for a GBA mod I'll be working on soon), but they're available from a lot of places; visit https://www.gbxcart.com/

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by impeeza,
  • Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat