Things you recently bought or got

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was nothing I really wanted on the prime day sale but I did end up buying a 64gb micro sd, a wii2hdmi for my nephew and 2 Amazon basics power strip.

Also was given 6 babies of what look like american toads. I'm not going to keep all 6 of them just 2 or 3 and give the rest to my best friend when they are a little bigger.

Pics later I'm at work right know.

Just bought a 8 channel security system with 4 cameras. It comes with a 1tb HDD built it which I may upgrade to at least 4tb.

Also here are the pictures of the toads

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
7abdc9032e9718459e6d8e5f5b45d771.jpg
c48374e1918e344a29286b8df8b41dba.jpg
0df915261deacfe9ca83e5765e50a0bd.jpg
32773c3efb6b9146fc52d3ac1860f428.jpg
0387a071385a70b695790aaec11e9f69.jpg
2ba7af8bb21dfe75bf0ed7dfd2902aef.jpg

Last edited by dragonblood9999,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My latest purchase, which I got yesterday, is PlayStation VR.

I held out not bad I think. I vowed back in 2016 when it launched that I wouldn’t buy it until Sony demonstrated adequate support for the accessory. I’ve been burned too many times with Sony not supporting accessories and even systems (Vita) over the years.

But there’s now enough games I’m interested in to justify the purchase.
Have to say I’m pretty impressed with it considering it’s price point and the decidedly average hardware of the PS4 Pro.

Reactions: shaunj66

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we are showing off purses, bags and wallets then I continued my transformation into stereotypical English explorer/colonial. Pretty much only need a pith helmet and Sam Browne belt at this point.

bags_tbrg.JPG

wallets_tbrg.JPG

Also scored a router plane as you can see there, even paid up (a whole £12) for it. Had a go with it already and it is great fun.

Plus the usual mountain of books, even had to get a new cabinet for them. Most interesting (I presume nobody else cares about 1930s a5 ish book titled "high tensile strength brasses or "manganese bronzes" a metallurgical review of their properties and uses" and similar ones about copper and its alloys) was probably the 1780s English dictionary but that will probably be appearing in funny pictures instead (so far I learned that shuttlecock was once spelled shittlecock)

Reactions: Song of storms

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If we are showing off purses, bags and wallets then I continued my transformation into stereotypical English explorer/colonial. Pretty much only need a pith helmet and Sam Browne belt at this point.

View attachment 136998

View attachment 136996
Also scored a router plane as you can see there, even paid up (a whole £12) for it. Had a go with it already and it is great fun.

Plus the usual mountain of books, even had to get a new cabinet for them. Most interesting (I presume nobody else cares about 1930s a5 ish book titled "high tensile strength brasses or "manganese bronzes" a metallurgical review of their properties and uses" and similar ones about copper and its alloys) was probably the 1780s English dictionary but that will probably be appearing in funny pictures instead (so far I learned that shuttlecock was once spelled shittlecock)
Finally someone posting bags that aren't fake!

I also love the PS1 wallet :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found some headphones at a car boot. World war 2 vintage I am told, not sure exactly where from but looks closest to German stuff (internally they use machine threads as well which US and UK would not have). Whole £8 I parted with for these.
new_cans.jpg

Ripped the guts out, transplanted some from another dead set (see right) and then found that a) the existing wire was series wound, and b) that 70+ year old wire is not inclined to want to be soldered (I sanded it, toasted it, got extra flux, got automotive grade flux core solder -- did not want to take). Now I have to go find some suitable replacement wire as modern PVC coated stuff is no going to cut it here -- only stuff vaguely suitable here that is not mains rated and terribly thick is some old cloth covered USB cables but they are 1m long. Also realised since the demise of maplin I have nowhere nearby in the real world to get fancy headphone jacks.

Edit. It subsequently occurred that the cloth covering was covering cloth covered wire and thus I could slide a bunch of modern PVC coated stuff inside it.
I however wish I had thought to check both donor speakers beforehand as only one appears to have survived the years in my junk box. Oh well just some minor soldering when I find another donor set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....