Things you recently bought or got

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a nes. The pawn shop/retro game store wanted 80 for it but when we tried it, it had the blinking light of death. So they they said I could have it for 40 with 2 controllers and a game,so I chose excitebike.

Also bought a expansion pack for my N64 for $20, sorry a video RAM Booster Pack 4MB for the N64

e4111c95c1f8857b60b08d4bef07afe0.jpg
90c5fd3e9a16c253fe89ad6778788db0.jpg
417317f23772424bd72b7b68bb8fcf90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The door for the NES is cracked so I have a new one coming It was $2 and I bought a new 72 pin connector for it for $9 i should have it next week

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just won an auction for a SNES, $35 for working SNES, cables, 1 controller and 2 trash games (Home Alone 2 and Super Tennis).

Needs to be "de-yellowed" a bit, but otherwise looks in good condition.

Plan on getting a flashcart at some point in the future, not sure if I want to spend a ton and grab the SD2SNES or just stick with the Super EverDrive v2 though.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
While I wait and decide on what SNES flashcart I want to buy, I ordered some cheapo repo carts for some ganes to play in the meantime. Grabbed Chrono Trigger, ALttP, FF3/6, and Earthbound, all for a total of ~$50. Repo carts, sure, but they'll work just as well and I'm not paying $300 for them all.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I wait and decide on what SNES flashcart I want to buy, I ordered some cheapo repo carts for some ganes to play in the meantime. Grabbed Chrono Trigger, ALttP, FF3/6, and Earthbound, all for a total of ~$50. Repo carts, sure, but they'll work just as well and I'm not paying $300 for them all.
SD2SNES is the best flashcart out there

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you buy the repros from?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
SD2SNES is the best flashcart out there
And $200, which is a silly price IMO. The fact it doesn't support SA-1 games (yet) is a pretty heavy blow, I could buy the Super EverDrive with DSP chip support and Super Mario RPG for less (which is, tbh, the only SA-1 game I want to play).

Where did you buy the repros from?

Chrono Trigger and Earthbound I bought off a friend who had a few of copies of each for $20, but FF3/ALttP I got from this seller on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassicGameEmporium?ref=s2-header-shopname

Basic reproductions with no boxes and manuals and such, but for $15 each you can't complain. Got a lot of decent reviews, so I figured I'd at least get these, and perhaps grab the originals at a later date when I have a ton of extra money to spend.

Reactions: Flame

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a pro wireless controller for my switch. I’d post a picture, but they are all the same. It feels great in between my hands. The shoulder buttons aren’t in the perfect spot. They are a bit off and I need to point my finger upwards, or downwards to hit them. I’ll have to try to use my middle fingers, that might feel better. Definitely better that the joycons.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Bought a few things while the temp was RIP.

First, Super Mario RPG for the SNES cuz I like that game a lot.

Second, some gamebit screwdrivers so I can take my SNES apart and de-yellow it at some point.

And thirdly, I won 2 auctions for some Kindles. 1 was a Kindle Paperwhite (5th gen I believe) for $50, and the other just a Kindle Touch (no idea how old) for $10. Paperwhite is for me while I read at night, and the regular Kindle for my fiancee so she can read during the day and such. Mainly got them because I'm kinda tired of using my Shield Tablet as an e-reader, and I'm looking for something a bit more "portable" that I don't have to worry about breaking/being stolen when I'm out and about.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1