Things you recently bought or got

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gonna change some batteries on a couple of old pokemon gameboy games (gold and crystal) and an old ez flash 256mbit. Bought a set of gamebits on ali, when the package arrived, there was only one in the package: the wrong one... Ordered it again, they arrived finally: complete! Now just waiting for the tabbed batteries.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna change some batteries on a couple of old pokemon gameboy games (gold and crystal) and an old ez flash 256mbit. Bought a set of gamebits on ali, when the package arrived, there was only one in the package: the wrong one... Ordered it again, they arrived finally: complete! Now just waiting for the tabbed batteries.
You can use cr1616 battery holders in a gameboy cart. Instead of a tabbed battery. You can get like 20 on aliexpress for about $5. My friend had me do this to his games. Just search cr1616 battery holder.

Bought my ticket to the pet expo in 2 weeks. Going to buy some supplies and possibly another gargoyle gecko.

Attachments

• 20220903_121233.jpg
    20220903_121233.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use cr1616 battery holders in a gameboy cart. Instead of a tabbed battery. You can get like 20 on aliexpress for about $5. My friend had me do this to his games. Just search cr1616 battery holder.
Damn, that's a really good tip!
Downside is that i'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can get busy with it...

• Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, that's a really good tip!
Downside is that i'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can get busy with it...
Yeah I get why he did it. It's one time soldering and you can easily replace the battery when you need too. But I would only do this if you don't plan on selling the games after. It could be just me but I would rather have any game carts I buy as original as possible.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I get why he did it. It's one time soldering and you can easily replace the battery when you need too. But I would only do this if you don't plan on selling the games after. It could be just me but I would rather have any game carts I buy as original as possible.
Like most things I just want to try if i can do it: I've got to Crystals, one's getting a tabbed one and the other a holder. I'ts very likely that i'll never play or sell them (after testing).

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of @sombrerosonic I have purchased a Gaming PC! Can't wait for them to arrive :D

comp.JPG

and,

keyboard.JPG

Hope it all works together. :D

Need help getting an OS for it though. :sad:

Last edited by AncientBoi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
  • Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
First, I found a broken fancy coffee grinder. Then, I found this super busted up espresso machine at Goodwill. It didn't work, for parts, for pretty much nothing for the both of them, a few weeks apart.

Usually, I wouldn't bother picking up for parts stuff--I'm not good at fixing stuff up, and I know nothing about espresso. But I decided to do some digging into warranty claims. It might not be the most legitimate thing, but with a receipt that might have been tossed into a photo editor, ;) they said it was still under warranty, and after sending the two broken units back, I got a working Breville grinder and espresso machine!

photo_2022-09-06_08-29-48.jpg

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, I found a broken fancy coffee grinder. Then, I found this super busted up espresso machine at Goodwill. It didn't work, for parts, for pretty much nothing for the both of them, a few weeks apart.

Usually, I wouldn't bother picking up for parts stuff--I'm not good at fixing stuff up, and I know nothing about espresso. But I decided to do some digging into warranty claims. It might not be the most legitimate thing, but with a receipt that might have been tossed into a photo editor, ;) they said it was still under warranty, and after sending the two broken units back, I got a working Breville grinder and espresso machine!

View attachment 325919
Oh look at Chary committing low level fraud. I would never have thought that you would be the sort to be

200.gif

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Penischu, I choose you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol