Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of all the trends and stuff to leak out from tiktok so far, the only one that's made me actually check it out (on the website, haven't installed the app) is No Bones. People on my Facebook kept referring to it being a bones day or a no bones day, and I just had to know.

Today was definitely a no bones day.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve never directly used it, although I’ve seen compilation/reaction videos on Youtube.

For example, there are people on TT giving false/half-truths over airlines and I’ve seen Pilots on Youtube call them out, such as the dipstick on TT who thinks the squawk codes are given over the PA on the plane.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’ll watch the occasional TikTok meme, but only on YouTube. I tried the app for approximately 5 minutes - the search functionality is trash and the interface is incomprehensible, it’s just a constant stream of garbage into the user’s eyes with the occasional hit. I’ll have others fish the good ones out of the sea of mediocrity, thank you very much. I’be got enough spyware on my phone already.

dei99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some videos from TT are really funny, but as a social media in general it is overwhelmed with stupid content

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I’ve done some extensive research on a few social media platforms. To put it shortly: I’m not a fan of TikTok. As a VR freak, I can say even the company previously known as Facebook looks like a saint compared to the history of TikTok

That history includes keeping voice prints from user posts, stealing data from android users, censoring videos containing LGBT+ content, manually editing videos of “unattractive” users, collecting biometric data of users without permission, and more.

Lastly, opinion time:
Almost nothing on there was entertaining or matched my sense of humor, I would love to ever see someone browse it without some degen video or something who’s popular because they were wearing something skimpy.

2/10 to me

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rabbit hole once you really invest your time on TikTok is obliterating at a mental level. I got rid of it when I was at my lowest. My friends complain and try to convince me to get it again but I just can't do it. I have way more other things to do than mindlessly watch oversexualized content. Like being on these forums, of course!

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has some hilarious stuff if you setup your feed properly. idk why ppl keep saying "why waste time on a 5sec vid?" what? the limit is 3min, and most vids are at least 1min30.

I do hate how they force a random shit vid and ad into your feed every 5 videos though.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Maybe it just my boomer thought but I feel like Tiktok is propaganda tool to distract young population from politic. If they busy with Tiktok trend then they wouldn't notice what CCP do behind the curtaint.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I chose "I am literally on tiktok right now".
Not because I am or ever would be, but because I thought the results looked highly unbalanced to a point you could say this was to be expected and the poll was ultimately useless. Common sense could have told you that this was going to be the outcome, making this a circlejerk thread for tiktok haters.

But since I am one: Man, is it an abomination, just like any other (a)social media platform has proven to be. Yes, also the one you, the one reading this, are using, buddy.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I have a thing set up that sends updates via Atom when my friends have uploaded something on TikTok and I recieve a direct video link so I don't have to use the actual app. Other than that, I don't use TikTok.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my views now is just
"children make funy robox dances or them making bomb threats"
tiktok personal feed is based on your reaction to the video and liked comments or how many times you watched the vid on repeat. start liking stuff you find funny and your feed will improve

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: