ROM Hack GBA Emulator Translation Thread for Translation Request for GBC Projects?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By and large request threads are made on forums when such things risk overloading other matters. GB/GBC is unlikely to be that too terribly soon.

In general ROM hacking/emulator/flash cart circles then number of times someone has requested something and someone else has come along, seen something they would not have considered (be it ever or before many other things -- think hidden gem or would be if the hacker at the same time made a few stat tweaks and fixed a bug) and then gone on to do it is vanishingly small.
That said make the case if you want; the few occasions where something positive might have happened it is because someone took the time to properly sell others on the game and why it should take focus (nobody would object to any game being translated, or indeed retranslated* as that is also a source of time/resources competition, but it is a matter of priorities). Also if this happens to be an anime/manga game then you have to sell it even harder; there have been good ones but so many are complete shovelware that you have to first overcome that.

*plenty of games might have got official translations but depending upon where people might fall in the literal-liberal-pizza cats debate, debate on nature of Japanese items (in current space year everybody knows what sushi is, in the 1980s it might have more of the air of exotic, and vice versa things set in the US might have Japanese staples for the Japanese audience when in Japanese), resources available to current users of things (emulators don't care if your cartridge is the most expensive to make/was not available in 198? when the game was originally made as it is just kilobytes of storage for the most part, same for flash carts. Accordingly what was trimmed for space or maybe lack of talent in the 90s could well come back now), and indeed things seen in future games/tie ins and developments thereof all contribute to seeing retranslations be a thing. The Woolsey-Slattery debate in Final Fantasy circles is probably the most famous among ROM hackers and fans of the games in general but there are plenty of others.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i have more to add to list like Ganbare Goemon: Mononoke Dōchū Tobidase Nabe-Bugyō!, Medabots 2 kabuto/kuwagata + parts collection, Medabots 4 Kabuto/Kuwagata, Medabots Card Robattle ,Medabots 5: the transfer student of susutake village, Sakura wars GB2: Opeartion Thunderbolt, One Piece: Grandline adventure log, Detective Conan: The Cursed Sea Route, Trade and Battle Card Hero, Monster Travellers also pocket love 1&2, kandume monsters (parfait)

Last edited by Pokemonfan6498,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played Animal Well?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What's your thoughts?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of features into the iPad but all of them got irreparably mangled
    in the process."
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That'll be fixed in the next update
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Janet Jackson release a new song
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Is Janet Jackson alive?
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    And has she put her boob away yet?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry:
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    I hope this is a dream and I'm not actually leaving messages for others to see. :ninja:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You are not.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and sing along
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: and sing along