thread of phobias/fears

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What if someone like me or people like me gonna be compared for instance to Christian Weston Chandler? Like someone did in Fortnite Battle Royale Reddit and Sonic Stadium Forum?
did someone really compare you to that? I don't see the similarity. Unless Kath Soucie was your mother.

Tuhr

Doctor Spaceballs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of all things my phobia is needles. There's no rational reason for it therefore it's a phobia by definition.

Reactions: LeoTCK

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Out of all things my phobia is needles. There's no rational reason for it therefore it's a phobia by definition.
there is a rational reason for it. It pricks you and can cause problems or if its not clean needle you can get ill/die. The needle itself is kinda unnatural too, so...I think its rather justified fear.

In my case also, the centipedes, many are very toxic thorought the world so it kind of gets justified.

Reactions: Tuhr

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tumblr_n9k3btQqwZ1r8swmoo2_500.png

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have arachnophobia since I'm afraid of spiders and I don`t like snake very much.
I dislike spiders and snake. I'm afraid of weps and bumblebee.

Tuhr

Doctor Spaceballs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I explore abandoned places, I weirdly have a fear of sudden abandonment.
It's not uncommon for our fears to have layers or to seem contradictory at times. Exploring abandoned places might tap into a fascination with the unknown or the eerie, while the fear of sudden abandonment could stem from a fear of loss or being left behind.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with reaction?
I'm guessing you meant snakes (with the 's' on the end).
"I don't like snakes very much" means that you don't like snakes in general, whereas "I don't like snake very much" implies that there's a single snake in particular that you don't like.
The man in the photo is named Snake, from the Metal Gear Solid games. It was just a joke.
And I'm not making fun of you at all by the way. English is stupid and very hard.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fear April 15th, every year. (USA Tax due date)
Here, it's May 1st. But while I hated filling the income tax form several years ago, now it's a joke with the online filling. It practically fills itself up, no joke (it has access to the government's data on my income). It's a matter of maybe 30-40 minutes, if I take my sweet time to double check everything before clicking the "SEND" button. In the "bad" old days, filling the form by hand, it took at least 3 hours, always being afraid of making a mistake. Sure I have to pay $20 for the service, but it's money very well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: BigOnYa

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm guessing you meant snakes (with the 's' on the end).
"I don't like snakes very much" means that you don't like snakes in general, whereas "I don't like snake very much" implies that there's a single snake in particular that you don't like.
The man in the photo is named Snake, from the Metal Gear Solid games. It was just a joke.
And I'm not making fun of you at all by the way. English is stupid and very hard.
I know you are not making fun of me, I don't know about Metal Gear Solid games, so I dont know about Snake in photo you have uploaded.
Sorry English it's not my main language, my main language are Norwegian.
Post automatically merged:

That guy is called Snake. You said you have fear of snake, in singular, not snakes, plural.
I meant snakes.

Reactions: BigOnYa

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you are not making fun of me, I don't know about Metal Gear Solid games, so I dont know about Snake in photo you have uploaded.
Sorry English it's not my main language, my main language are Norwegian.
It's alright! Honestly your English is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so...