Homebrew Discussion Tinfoil: hateful messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
The big difference being saying you support Trans Rights is not hate speach.
Neither is the view gay parents shouldnt adopt lol

the right to free speech protects you from the government censoring you. github is not a government entity, and can choose to host whatever content they want. this has nothing to do with free speech.
In that case if political views are to be wiped from the site then ALL content with LGBTQP++ should also be wiped.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The big difference being saying you support Trans Rights is not hate speach.

It's suggesting that trans rights are more important than non-trans rights, which is passive-aggressive speech, and should be bundled together with the hate speech.

Last edited by tabzer,

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
the right to free speech protects you from the government censoring you. git hub is not a government entity, and can choose to host whatever content they want. this has nothing to do with free speech.
While no legal precedent has been set as of yet. GitHub, Facebook, twitter and other social media sites are are considered platforms and not publishers. A publisher is responsible for anything that is said in their publication. A platform allows people to express themselves. A platform has government protections that absolves them of responsibility about what is being said on their platform (you cannot sue Facebook for what someone has posted on it, only the person who posted, unless the content is illegal). Therefore it should follow that anything said on a platform must be protected under free speech, because it's not a publication, but a personal expression.

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My version which again came from the .io website and mine says that Epstein didn't kill himself. If he wants to lose users it's a fine way to go. block DLC from Venom then these questionable exit messages.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's suggesting that trans rights are more important that non-trans rights, which is passive-aggressive speech, and should be bundled together with the hate speech.
What where is this bullshit happening? Here in Scotland myself others in the trans community and have been responsible for several Scottish laws being changed that benefit EVERY single person in the country. We have never once said trans rights are more important than non trans rights.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
"Hate speech" isnt "mean words or opinions that hurt my feelings". Hate speech is incitement to violence.
I don't see how "Gays are dangerous for children and trans people are mentally ill" isn't incitement to violence.

I do not think that a platform should have the right to ban anything thats not illegal (there is a difference between a platform and a publisher), and its not your place to impose any further consequences apart from expressing your disapproval. Yes you can call them out, and they can tell you to GTFO and that's that.
Not really - GitHub has pretty clear community guidelines on hate speech and discrimination, so it's exactly the place to impose further consequences for not reading the thing and doing weird crap.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Hate speech" isnt "mean words or opinions that hurt my feelings". Hate speech is incitement to violence.
it doesn't have to incite violence, according to the cambridge dictionary. "public speech that expresses hate *OR* encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation"

In that case if political views are to be wiped from the site then ALL content with LGBTQP++ should also be wiped.
political views are allowed to be expressed on github, and nobody here is saying it should be removed just because it is "political."

Epsiloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's suggesting that trans rights are more important than non-trans rights

I can't believe you actually think that. At no point it's hateful toward a group of people whereas saying "trans are mentally ill" is indeed hateful (or if you don't wanna see that as hate, it's at least an insult, which should not be tolerated either).

Last edited by Epsiloth,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What where is this bullshit happening? Here in Scotland myself others in the trans community and have been responsible for several Scottish laws being changed that benefit EVERY single person in the country. We have never once said trans rights are more important than non trans rights.

You can say that, but it doesn't convince me when you are apart of a mob targeting someone about their personal method of expression.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
it doesn't have to incite violence, according to the cambridge dictionary. "public speech that expresses hate *OR* encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation"

Well what is "expresses hate"? Thats so massively subjective. Who decides what is hate and isnt? I could view all your responses to this person as expressing hate. A guy literally implied in this thread that the dev is a KKK member.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe you actually think that. At no point it's hateful toward a group of people whereas saying "trans are mentally ill" is indeed hateful (or if you don't wanna see that as hate, it's at least an insult, which should not be tolerated either).
Do you hate mentally ill people?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank Yeezus we in the UK have hate crime laws!
These statements are illegal here, they could land you in prison.
Exactly his comments are illegal under the Section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank Yeezus we in the UK have hate crime laws!
These statements are illegal here, they could land you in prison.
Good little bootlicker. Yes, he should have his door kicked in and arrested for saying an opinion you disagree with!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exactly his comments are illegal under the Section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986.
No it isnt because its not targeted at any specific individual.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
>>>>"Gays are dangerous for children and trans people are mentally ill"

It literally didnt say this though.
According to Blawar's logic, you're a child abuser if you adopt children as a gay pair, and you have a mental disorder if you experience gender dysphoria. Go figure.

Reactions: otakuloser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm finishing the new god Kong movie pretty decent neighbors even complained twice