Homebrew TinyFormat - Oops...

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after getting my NNID screwed up when updating RxTools so that I could run 10.5 EmuNAND, I was following some directions to get it fixed. One of the steps was to use TinyFormat to format my EmuNAND after backing it up. I used ThemeHax to get to the Homebrew Launcher, and ran TinyFormat from a 3dsx file...

...and apparently formatted SysNAND by mistake.

I'm completely clueless on what to do now. Just what exactly did I lose? I'm on 9.0 SysNAND firmware, so worst-case scenario is that I just have to set everything up from scratch again. Is my EmuNAND still there, and the different CIAs that I had installed on it?

Also, ThemeHax apparently is gone now. I'm going to need to re-install it, except I have a minor problem there as well. I never really paid attention to what entry-points were out, since I had a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja on it. I lost that ages ago. I never needed it once I had ThemeHax running. Thing is, I need some entry point to get to the Homebrew Launcher to re-install ThemeHax.

Any suggestions? My final goal is to get RxTools running again. I've been hearing that A9LHax is a thing now, is it worth looking into as a new way to get my EmuNAND going again? Keep in mind, this isn't so much a "How do I get started again?" thread as much as "I'm kind of forced into a fresh start. What's the best way to go about it now compared to back before Pasta was a thing?"

Last edited by Kurt91,

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I'm not worried about SysNAND. Even if I did screw it up completely, I've been using unlinked EmuNAND for everything. I doubt I've really lost much, and even then, I didn't have all that much on EmuNAND that I can't just put back. Just a couple games and the RetroArch emulators. My SysNAND was pretty much empty to begin with once I unlinked EmuNAND from it.

So, BrowserHax should work for me, although I'll have to figure out how that one works. (Not asking, I can look that up myself.) If my format screw-up didn't clear it out, I never got around to deleting the ThemeHax installer, so I should have that going pretty much instantly if I'm lucky. If not, I'll have to re-add that to the SD card.

EDIT: So, BrowserHax worked and got me back to my EmuNAND. I would have set up my ThemeHax installer, but for some reason it didn't work. I'm probably going to have to download the updated one. For now though, BrowserHax should be fine. All I've really lost was ThemeHax, and A9LHax should be out soon enough that I can swap to that to launch my EmuNAND stuff.

Last edited by Kurt91,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol