titan mod M8+ bios mod on TSOP

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you were living under a rock for the past few months one bios emerged (cerbios) for og xbox to allow 2TB< drives (up to 8TB) but the parts must be split 14 ways for an 8tb or you can use Titan mod patches on the M8plus bios (which allows you to use upto 16tb and format into a single F partition instead of doing 14+ partitions) my question is is it safe in general to flash the M8Plus bios on my 1.0 without a modchip (TSOP) or must i use a chip

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

so if you were living under a rock for the past few months one bios emerged (cerbios) for og xbox to allow 2TB< drives (up to 8TB) but the parts must be split 14 ways for an 8tb or you can use Titan mod patches on the M8plus bios (which allows you to use upto 16tb and format into a single F partition instead of doing 14+ partitions) my question is is it safe in general to flash the M8Plus bios on my 1.0 without a modchip (TSOP) or must i use a chip
The Guide here
https://github.com/gaasedelen/titan/blob/main/GUIDE.md
says "Not to a TSOPed XBox / Use a Modchip"

Thankfully @Donnie-Burger has already confirmed it works also with TSOP on v1.0.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-16tb.610943/post-9803958

Maybe more Testing is needed....:)

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Donnie-Burger,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
weird i flashed it it shows the evoX/animation xbox logo but just stays there hopefully didn't brick my box
Format a hard drive with fatxplorer and Titan option - Needs to be 2TB + for Titan option to show up. You can then preload all your stuff with fatxplorer or use a dvd disc of choice to get a dashboard going. I used auto installer deleuxe, modchip, dash, unleashx then setup XBMC4GAMERS from there

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the hash changed once or twice (though it was the m8+ one dfc6288f6b67fd021e1970491c64c0a0 i think it started as an A one after both applying the titan and nodvd check patches
Okay that one worked for me on an 1.0 - I will be documenting all the variations.

I just tried to flash an aladin 1.6 and evolutionx wont flash the file. Trying alternate methods. = Turns out my aladins are non flasshable batch.

Found 2 spare aladdins and 1 was good and flashable. XBOX 1.6 with flashabale aladdin XT working with Titan.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What I have tested so far with Titan + UDMA5 + Startech:

Models working

Tsop 1.0 with Hynix bios (Used EvolutionX to flash)
Tsop 1.0 with St bios (Used EvolutionX to flash)
Tsop 1.2 with Winbond bios (Used Gentoox.ShALLaX.Loader-v6.07 to flash) (Make a folder in C:\BIOS\put bios here and name bios.bin)

Xbox 1.6 with Aladdin XT Plus Modchip (Flashable Version) (Used EvolutionX to flash) (From Hexen 2017 Disc)

• Love

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm not sure about Tsop Sharp 1MB with Titan 256KB bios. Pretty sure we cant flash a 25KB bios to a 1MB chip?

You can. You just have to pad it.

On Windows (from cmd):
Code:
copy /b bios.bin+bios.bin+bios.bin+bios.bin 1mbbios.bin
On Linux or OSX (from terminal):
Code:
cat bios.bin bios.bin bios.bin bios.bin > 1mbbios.bin

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well did a 128MB ram upgrade and only 64MB shows with Titan bios
Xblast showing success on all 4 banks
XBMC4GAMERS shows 64MB
Emutation shows 64MB

XBOX 1.4 Tsop Winbond - Titan with UDMA 5

Flashed ind bios and 128MB + Chihiro games working

Guess have to wait until the patches are ported to other XBOX Kernels if ever. 128MB+UDMA 5 so close.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i think my bios flash went awry abit not bricked (idk) i have a phillips xbox dvd drivei read it can read cd-r's question is if i make a bios disk can it boot from a cdr? (if not i ordered dvd-r's it seems like a waste of space though)

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
so i think my bios flash went awry abit not bricked (idk) i have a phillips xbox dvd drivei read it can read cd-r's question is if i make a bios disk can it boot from a cdr? (if not i ordered dvd-r's it seems like a waste of space though)
Yeah on cd - I have hexen/aid/slayers/borg all on cd disc. I use aid to fix all bricks and get back into unleash X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer