To gauge general interest.

Brunnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd mention this thread, were I've made a lot of input lag tests on RetroArch (and even a real SNES on a CRT) using controllers rigged with LEDs and a high speed camera. The first post contains a lot of measurements, but also links to my other posts later in the thread which contain interesting info. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd mention this thread, were I've made a lot of input lag tests on RetroArch (and even a real SNES on a CRT) using controllers rigged with LEDs and a high speed camera. The first post contains a lot of measurements, but also links to my other posts later in the thread which contain interesting info. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407
Oh, that was you? Thanks for the great work, man! After noticing significant input lag when playing in RetroPie, yours was the only post I could find giving actual measurements of delay, and very comprehensive, too. It was that kind of professional investigation, combined with the myriad of posts claiming there is little to no lag whatsoever, that actually made me want to do this project and put out more information on all forms of hardware and emulation. So yeah, I'm definitely aware of you. :D

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Brunnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that was you? Thanks for the great work, man! After noticing significant input lag when playing in RetroPie, yours was the only post I could find giving actual measurements of delay, and very comprehensive, too. It was that kind of professional investigation, combined with the myriad of posts claiming there is little to no lag whatsoever, that actually made me want to do this project and put out more information on all forms of hardware and emulation. So yeah, I'm definitely aware of you. :D
Thanks! :) I think more info like this would be interesting to have. It's a lot of work, though, and it can be challenging to document everything so that the results can be "trusted" and be somewhat repeatable. Regarding using YouTube to reach out, I can't say for certain that there'd be enough interest to warrant the work of producing videos. Although a decent amount of people are interested, it's still kind of a niche. Besides (and this might just be me being kind of old school), I personally often prefer to digest information like this as text and charts instead of video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1