Today I learned that the universe is tiring itself out.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This does presume constant expansion (no trend towards a crunch), no big rip, that atoms (and their constituents) remain together and still function.
With that in mind

Reactions: SuinkaiVS

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Will we reach type 5 civilization status and become Gods? Before the universe ends.
Harnessing all the universes in all timelines in every dimensions energy. Time travel and manipulate the universe to however we want.
We haven't reached type 1 yet. We are at 0.70. We will probably reach type 1 in 100-200 yrs and control earthquakes, volcanoes, weather and have full control of our planet resources.

Self Learning AI already exists that taught itself to walk and this technology is only going to improve in the future. Self learning AI will speed human evolutionary process. There is a good book on how AI will be in the future called Life 3.0. And how self learning AI will be used in the medical and science field to make discoveries a lot faster, better and more efficient than what humans can do. Self learning AI is already outperforming the smartest PHD's. And science will progress a lot faster with the new AI technology.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing about the "heat" death of the universe. It will be anything but hot - it will be very cold (close to absolute zero).

They call it heat death because heat will cease to exist - everything will be the same temperature and existence will have reached thermodynamic equilibrium.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Long before school even approached the topic or before the internet was a thing, I had actually wondered why, with so much space between stuff and energy being conserved, everything didn't just... scatter its heat away to death in the vast emptiness.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Reactions: x65943

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having species that evolved from us doesn't mean humans don't go exist. There are lots of species we evolved from that have gone extinct. There are only four possible outcomes for the human species. It is possible for more than one of these to exist at the same time:
  1. We have non-human biological descendents that are a different species from us, and humans are extinct.
  2. We have non-human technological descendents, and humans are extinct.
  3. Humans go extinct without any descendants, biological or technological.
  4. Humans are somehow reproduced in a way that prevents mutation and speciation, such as perfect cloning done by a supercomputer.
Ignoring Option #4, which seems like a means without an end, humans will go extinct long before the heat death of the universe.
2. would probably be the end game, if we and are descendants last long enough... until, sadly, 3 finally happens.

While four does seems like a stop gap situation, better than 3 happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye