Translation Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium 3rd Story English Translation

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just downloaded and applied the new patch! (v1.00) I noticed that during Approach Mode for dates, the heart monitor, buttons and stars at the corner don't show anymore, is there anything that can be done to fix this? This actually didn't happen with the previous patch owoll (v0.9)
I'm using a PSP, running 6.60 PRO-C2 CFW.
Did it happen on every date or just a specific date? If you saved before that date, could you try to go on a date again and see if it still happens? Or if you didn't save, please try to go on a few dates and report back if you see the same problem and also how often it happens. I would also like to know if it's a normal date or a 3P date that you found this problem. Thank you. :)

Crowwy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Did it happen on every date or just a specific date? If you saved before that date, could you try to go on a date again and see if it still happens? Or if you didn't save, please try to go on a few dates and report back if you see the same problem and also how often it happens. I would also like to know if it's a normal date or a 3P date that you found this problem. Thank you. :)

Every date, on my old save files as well with different guys. I even tried starting a new game, same problem. These were all normal dates.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else who played the game on PSP have the missing buttons problems or other problems? Please let me know.
If the problem is still there, I'll check what could be wrong with the new patch. Otherwise I'll provide help case-by-case.

Every date, on my old save files as well with different guys. I even tried starting a new game, same problem. These were all normal dates.
Did you by any chance use the "Install" button in the game? You can check if you have a folder "ULJM05976INSTALL" with some files in it in your memory card. That could mess up the game. Since you're playing with the ISO not the UMD, you don't need to install it.

Another method you can try is to back up all the save files and system file and then delete or move them somewhere else (You must backup the files, otherwise the saves/progress will be gone), and then try to play the game from the beginning until you reach a date and see if the buttons are still missing.

I'll also wait and see if other people will report the same errors. I don't know if it's something wrong with the patch or it's a problem specific to your PSP. So please be patient. :)

Reactions: Crowwy

Karol 38

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just downloaded the patch and emerged me a problem. When using the game in DeSmuME (emulator) this goes perfectly, but in the flashcard is not working. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

PS: I'm Spanish, so sorry if the message is a little misunderstood.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just downloaded the patch and emerged me a problem. When using the game in DeSmuME (emulator) this goes perfectly, but in the flashcard is not working. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
What flashcard do you use? If it can run Wood R4, then try it. If you already used Wood R4, you should try to update it. The patched game is confirmed to work with Wood R4.

If it can't run Wood R4, you probably have to wait for an update of YSMenu from this thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
The current update (25-June-2015) doesn't support this patched game yet.

You can find more information about how to update your flashcard's firmware from this forum.
http://gbatemp.net/forums/nds-flashcarts-and-accessories.40/

Karol 38

Trophies
XP
Country
What flashcard do you use? If it can run Wood R4, then try it. If you already used Wood R4, you should try to update it. The patched game is confirmed to work with Wood R4.

If it can't run Wood R4, you probably have to wait for an update of YSMenu from this thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
The current update (25-June-2015) doesn't support this patched game yet.

You can find more information about how to update your flashcard's firmware from this forum.
http://gbatemp.net/forums/nds-flashcarts-and-accessories.40/

My flashcard is a R4i Gold 3DS. I have not update it so maybe that, thank you, try to see how it works for me.

cannibalbat

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there ;u; Sorry to bother you, but I'm preeetty close to a mental breakdown right now. So yesterday I saw that the NDS patch is out and I freaked out because I waited for sooo long and I as soo happy. I used to play TMGS1 and TMGS2 on my Nintendo DS with my flashcard, all nice and cozy in my bed and all. So I looked for my DS Lite but I couldn't find the charger.. Freaked out, cried, had my mother help me look for it for like 2 hours. Today I just bought a new one for 15 dollars (waay too expensive right??) just so I could finally play this game. And now.. it doesn't work... I'm assuming it is because my flashcard is old as hell. I'm using a M3 real and from what i've heard the creators are pretty much dead and aren't updating anymore... so will I never be able to play TMGS3 on my DS? I'm going to cry.. is there no other way to get this to work on my old flashcard? Please I beg you! ;o;

Greetings and I love your work very much <3

Nana

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cannibalbat
Try to update your flashcard with the updated YS menu. I posted the link in the post above you. (You will need both the Kernel update and the DAT update.) There's also an instruction on how to install it in that post. You can post more questions if it still doesn't work.

firstneon1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i just downloaded the ds patch but where can i download a clean rom? it says tthe clean rom should be 512 but mine is 524 and it won't patch. please help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh wait nevermind got it to work

landnspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I was wondering whether if you're aiming 'the' boy (in my case, Seiji), must I stop responding to other boys? I meant, I made Ruka's affection to tokimeki state (I couldn't refuse his advances!) & now, even though I fulfill Seiji's requirements + activating his almost confession, I still couldn't manage to get this ending.

Oh, yeah, Tamao is my best friend.. I got his 2nd BF ending.. I actually aimed to get the 1st confession + BF endings (Where are you, Seiji? Why aren't you waiting at the church..? Ugh..) I even get a lower love points for Tamao, just in case to make Tamao won't appear at the bushes.. sigh~

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering whether if you're aiming 'the' boy (in my case, Seiji), must I stop responding to other boys? I meant, I made Ruka's affection to tokimeki state (I couldn't refuse his advances!) & now, even though I fulfill Seiji's requirements + activating his almost confession, I still couldn't manage to get this ending.

Oh, yeah, Tamao is my best friend.. I got his 2nd BF ending.. I actually aimed to get the 1st confession + BF endings (Where are you, Seiji? Why aren't you waiting at the church..? Ugh..) I even get a lower love points for Tamao, just in case to make Tamao won't appear at the bushes.. sigh~
The endings for this game depend on your final parameters (Intel, Arts, Fitness, Social, Style, Charm), the guys' affection and how many times you dated them. You can check ending parameter requirements from gamefaqs.com. Ex. for Seiji, you need very high Arts and quite high Charm, so unless your parameters are high enough and you've dated him enough times, you won't get his ending.

In case you fulfill the ending parameters for more than one guy, the guy with highest affection will appear at the church.

landnspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The endings for this game depend on your final parameters (Intel, Arts, Fitness, Social, Style, Charm), the guys' affection and how many times you dated them.
In case you fulfill the ending parameters for more than one guy, the guy with highest affection will appear at the church.
Thanks a lot for replying & of course, for your hard work translating this game ^_^

Okay, I've already managed to get 250+ for Art & 190+ for Charm (& also 200+ Intelligence and 200+ Social just to meet the requirements for Tamao's best friend ED too). Seiji's tokimeki state is already exceeded the meter (pulsating red)..
(I'm quite an avid Tokimeki gamer getting Kei-tama/Reichi-san & Waka-san/Saeki, previously) But, I'm quite curious about this one, though. Is it really because of me making dates with Seiji lesser than 40 dates? (I lost count, though)

P/S: I don't believe in cheats, I believe in my gaming aptitude XD

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@landnspace, which ending were you aiming? So, you fulfilled all the requirements for Seiji, but he didn't show up at the church? Did you get other guy's (Ruka's) ending instead?

Or is it the Best Friend ED1 you aimed for?

Please check the tokimeki panel for bombs, or PVP status, etc. before the game ends, too. They affect the confessions.

This FAQs will also help. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/980509-tokimeki-memorial-girls-side-3rd-story/faqs/61387
(Just scroll down to the [END] section.)

landnspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@jjjewel, I'm pursuing Seiji's ending, as well as Tamao's BF ending (Tamao was waiting after the heroine refused Seiji's confession). Should be ED 1 and BF 1, right?

But, in my case, only the ending for BF 2 happens where Tamao is calling me at the bushes before heading to the church.

30waste.png

Actually, I've already triggered 3p, but choose to date them separately. But, I didn't trigger the PVP mode at all. The 3p disappear just like that, but I'm still confused why can't I get Seiji's ending.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@landnspace, from your pics, I'd assume that Tamao's affection is too high, so you didn't get to see Seiji's confession scene.
I'll explain the endings under spoiler tag.
The one you aimed for is the Buddy Love ED (or Best Friend Confession ED, depends on how different people named it.) There are 2 variations of this ED.
1) When you reject another guy's confession and go to your buddy. (This is the one you aimed for but didn't get.)
2) When the buddy shows up and confesses to you. (This is the one you got.)
You only need to get either one to have the Buddy Love ED recorded in your ending list. So, even if you get the variation 1, it'll still be the same Buddy Love ED in the ending list (under Extra menu.) So, if you really want to see it, you'll need to reload your save file somewhere when Tamao's affection isn't too high, and redo from that part. (Usually, if his heart is around pink, it should be fine.)

There's another Buddy ED, where you don't fulfill the other guy (in your case, Shitara)'s confession parameters and your buddy (Tamao) will just comfort you. This one will be recorded as Buddy ED in the ending list.

So, in short. If you want to reject Seiji, replay it and try not to raise Tamao's affection too much. (You will get the "Buddy Love ED" which you already got.) If you want to get the "Buddy ED" to complete your ending list, replay it and don't raise your parameters high enough for Seiji's confession.

landnspace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks a lot, @jjjewel . wow, I didn't know that my Tamao's affection is quite high, enough to give "the" confession.. I, even purposely didn't complete all his BF questions after dates.

I'll try 'em, eventually (gave up & currently, pursuing the 3p route). In the first place, Tamao's affection is that high, should I date him & give the worst possible answer to reduce his love meter? Is it effective?

& thanks @Talena for your suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol