Torn fan connector

LuigiGad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, during disassembly for metal thermal paste change, they tore off the fan connector reporting a damage that can be seen in the photo. Are there alternative points where to resume the interrupted points? or do you suggest me how to restore? I don't have the card at hand and honestly I've never had one in my hands.

Attachments

• danno ps5.jpg
    danno ps5.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 40

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we have diagrams -- you tend to only get them years later with either leaks from Sony repair shops or if some turbo nerd sits down and bells everything out (or better yet strips down the boards to bare metal photographing it along the way). Depending upon where those remaining lines go you might be able to solder to them, and if it is just a fan it might also be possible to provide it with some power from somewhere suitable and have it run instead (hopefully it is a temperature sensor rather than a resistance sensor that senses the fan drawing power)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something I do when I tore traces, is, if possible, remove the green coat on any trace that might be left. Then use jump wires or big solder blobs to get a solid connection.

You could test continuity in amy scrapped traces to see if any attempt is possible.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
You still got plenty copper trace left on both 12v and the PWM pads. Just use either thick jumper wire or copper sheet to extend each pad to usual length then solder connector on and glue down with solder mask and hot glue.
Quite a few video on YT for this fan connector repair you could find

1686587449949.png

Reactions: LuigiGad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...