ROM Hack Trading from Jap Soul Silver to USA region Platinum

Shadownhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have 2 DSs' and I wanted to trade between my Jap rom of Soul Silver, and my actual copy of platinum. I am able to get to the union room and when the game starts to initiate trade between the 2 games it gives my an error and makes me exit the union room.

Is there a patch for this or is it just a faulty rom

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no patch I'm aware of, it's probably something else you're doing wrong.

I've personally traded between various combinations of D/P/Pt running on a flashcard and retail games with no issues.

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant confirm if this will work for you but when i was trying to use local or wifi trade in a union room on my flashcart platinum to my friends diamond and platinum i had to tick download play before i started my platinum rom or it wouldnt work.

So what im saying is try enabling download play on your SS rom and see if that works
smile.gif

El Dimentio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully traded from flashcard Japanese Soul Silver to retail USA Diamond with a friend quite a few times so it must be the ROM or you're doing something wrong...

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, Never had a problem battling or trading with Japanese platinum and Japanese soul silver with others who use the english game. I would not think there would be some kinda of region protection for local play, but if for some reason there is, then just put in the Freind Codes of both games in to each other and trade over wifi.

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had a problem either with trading/battling between JP Soul Silver/Heart Gold with USA region Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

I tested out different combinations, too.

ROM SS with Retail Diamond - Works
ROM SS with ROM Diamond - Works
ROM SS with ROM Platinum - Works
Retail SS with Retail Diamond - Works
Retail SS with ROM Diamond - Works

You get the drift.

n8equalsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a fix for this? I get a communication error when trying to trade from Soul Silver on an R4i-Advance (DSTT clone) and an original copy of Diamond.

n8equalsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
n8equalsd said:
Has anyone found a fix for this? I get a communication error when trying to trade from Soul Silver on an R4i-Advance (DSTT clone) and an original copy of Diamond.

also the firmware you using

Unofficial DSTT firmware version 1.17a12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol