Quantum

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use Time Warner's Road Runner cable internet service, and a month ago they announced that they will start packet shaping all P2P traffic. Starting a few days ago, uTorrent now claims that my network isn't configured properly (little yellow triangle instead of green circle at the bottom). A week ago, everything was fine and my downloads were fast. Now almost all downloads are very slow and online port scanners say the port isn't responding. I've set up port forwarding on my router, but it doesn't seem to do anything. My question is, is that what packet shaping does? Or should I still get the green for my torrents despite my evil ISP?

I also switched routers recently, and that may be the cause, but I'm unsure. So, is the fact that my bittorrent client gives me yellow now instead of green a sign of packet shaping or my router giving me problems?

Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usual get/use usenet line (get a demo and see).

Failing that:
muqw6.jpg

Also consider switching port to something like 21 (FTP if memory serves).

Edit: Slow as usual.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not flawless and some providers can see through it, none the less make it forced uncheck allow legacy connections and try some of the numbers like you see in mine above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...