Gaming [trailer]Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's try to compare some pictures of peace walker(Psp) and Snake eater(3ds)
960566_20090602_790screen007.jpg
metal-gear-solid-3d-snake-eater-3ds_54922_post-1.jpg

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to do that, use pictures from Peace Walker that actually show off what the game really looks like on a real PSP. As in, native PSP resolution that hasn't been upscaled. IGN and/or Konami seem to have added a blur filter (or anti aliasing) and upped the resolution of all their Peace Walker pics, which makes them look far better than what the PSP can do. Also use more than just extreme closeups, show off the environments a bit in some of your shots. Also, factor in dithering. You get something that looks more like this than the screen you posted)-
gfs_161512_2_1.jpg
gfs_125544_2_160.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker-screenshot-007.jpg
Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker-screenshot-008.jpg

Also, use current screens of Snake Eater 3D instead of last year's tech demo (the game has changed a LOT)-
mgs3d5.png
mgs3d4.png

mgs3d3.png
mgs3d1.png

mgs3d2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
*screenies*

Actually, those look better than the ones previously posted, lol. PSP games also look drastically better in motion.

I still think Konami has made a serious fuck up with the MGS Collection and MGS3D. I'd rather pay more or less for the Collection and get a version of MGS3 with better graphics as well as two other amazing games than pay $40 for just MGS3D with worse graphics... BUT IN 3D!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
granville said:
*screenies*

Actually, those look better than the ones previously posted, lol. PSP games also look drastically better in motion.

I still think Konami has made a serious fuck up with the MGS Collection and MGS3D. I'd rather pay more or less for the Collection and get a version of MGS3 with better graphics as well as two other amazing games than pay $40 for just MGS3D with worse graphics... BUT IN 3D!
The screens i posted look a lot worse than the ones the guy above me posted. The resolution is far lower and there's no filtering or anti aliasing. Having played the game on an actual PSP, the game looks far worse in motion than it does in still shots. Even using a newer model PSP with it overclocked, it still has some severe slowdown at times. The game looks incredibly dithered and very pixelated/grainy. Animation is nowhere near as good as it looks either. Peace Walker is one game that can definitely be said to look worse when you've got it in your hands and playing it in motion. That's a rare scenario too, sort of disappointing no matter how fun the game may be. I've seen the game played on an original PSP, and i've played the game on a PSP 3000. It doesn't look as good as screenshots on either one.
sad.gif

Personally, the 3DS version compared to PS2 looks slightly worse in some ways and slightly better in others. It really balances out. Shader effects in the trailer look better than the PS2 version, though the textures are slightly worse and in some rare instances you can spot lower polygon counts. It's also an unfinished game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
granville said:
*screenies*

Are you saying

Metal-Gear-Solid-Peace-Walker-screenshot-008.jpg
> (over)
960566_20090602_790screen007.jpg

That can't be right.

Anyway, some people just refused to give 3DS credit. Why?
laugh.gif

@ Guild below Well overall system,but I was talking about the graphics part.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The screens i posted look a lot worse than the ones the guy above me posted. The resolution is far lower and there's no filtering or anti aliasing. Having played the game on an actual PSP, the game looks far worse in motion than it does in still shots. Even using a newer model PSP with it overclocked, it still has some severe slowdown at times. The game looks incredibly dithered and very pixelated/grainy. Animation is nowhere near as good as it looks either. Peace Walker is one game that can definitely be said to look worse when you've got it in your hands and playing it in motion. That's a rare scenario too, sort of disappointing no matter how fun the game may be. I've seen the game played on an original PSP, and i've played the game on a PSP 3000. It doesn't look as good as screenshots on either one.
sad.gif

Really? I think they look better. I've played the crap out of it and never had any slowdowns or anything and thought it looked great for the system. It had some of the best graphics for the system until Ghost of Sparta and The Third Birthday, honestly. I don't know what the issue is for you but I've never had any issue (I originally played it on my PSP 1000 if you're wondering). I'm not being jaded, I've just never had these issues. Maybe I'm an oddball.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jun 5 2011, 07:57 PM) Anyway, some people just refused to give 3DS credit. Why?
laugh.gif

In what respect?

EDIT: The 3DS is obviously superior in a graphical sense to the PSP, there's no denying that. It's just that MGS3D looks pretty disappointing when it looks that close to the PS2 version. I just don't think it should be praised for having such great graphics when a competitor is on the way that's looking to blow its graphics out of the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER