Gaming [Trailer] Resident Evil: Revelations

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
SSB is an oddly popular series. I guess it's just because it's a fighter that everybody can get into and be good at, unlike those like Dead or Alive or Street Fighter, where effort needs to be put forth to a fairly high degree to be able to compete. That and SSB incorporates pretty much every Nintendo icon into one game. That is pretty much instant love for a lot of people.

I can understand the feeling and hype that goes with it, I just don't feel it myself.

Anyways, yeah, yeah, the game!

Revelations does look like it will live up to the RE name while showing substantial effort on part of the developers. I did say somewhere back on the first page that the game looks like it's going to be pretty good judging by the trailer and such. I wonder what direction they're going to go. This could be a great opportunity to dip back into the RE roots a little, while incorporating more of their modern gameplay elements introduced in 4 and 5.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
GlaDOS is in it
tongue.gif

anyways the part that sold me was when they were in the rain
I like that style of quality

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Revelations does look like it will live up to the RE name while showing substantial effort on part of the developers. I did say somewhere back on the first page that the game looks like it's going to be pretty good judging by the trailer and such. I wonder what direction they're going to go. This could be a great opportunity to dip back into the RE roots a little, while incorporating more of their modern gameplay elements introduced in 4 and 5.
That's pretty much exactly what they're doing. They're basically taking the gameplay, camera, and control mechanics established in RE4/5 but building a game that is centered around survival horror. We now have slow moving zombie-like creatures again and the occasional jump scare. AND claustrophobic closed in environments. It has been documented numerous times by Capcom that this game is intended to bring the series back to its roots.

And btw, you were wondering earlier about when this takes place, it's between RE4 and RE5. It's not the next plotline. So there may be a possibility that a certain character could return in this game (i won't name names, but lets just say they probably won't be coming back after what happened in RE5).

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Nathan Drake said:
That's pretty much exactly what they're doing. They're basically taking the gameplay, camera, and control mechanics established in RE4/5 but building a game that is centered around survival horror. We now have slow moving zombie-like creatures again and the occasional jump scare. AND claustrophobic closed in environments. It has been documented numerous times by Capcom that this game is intended to bring the series back to its roots.

And btw, you were wondering earlier about when this takes place, it's between RE4 and RE5. It's not the next plotline. So there may be a possibility that a certain character could return in this game (i won't name names, but lets just say they probably won't be coming back after what happened in RE5).

Well, damn, now I have to hope it ends up on the Vita too! I want to play it, but I only intend on buying a Vita at this point. The budget (non-existent) doesn't really allow for me to go handheld crazy. The idea of an old school RE game gets me all giddy, especially as with how far gaming has come, they could create one hell of a scary experience.

If that certain character returns, it would be kind of interesting. I would be satisfied if they didn't make an appearance though. They have played their part throughout the series well enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1