Hacking Transferring Axiom Verge to my Vita with 3.60/taiHENkaku ?

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried it yet, but will later. I just have to set up my VPN on my PC first, as I just updated to an SSD, and reloading everything .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cool, just don't forget like I said in the PM that torrent is over 500GB so you'll need to open it up first and select the titles you want to put downloading and delete the container files for the other games in it since otherwise you'll just get an error based on not having space to start it downloading even a single title.

I'm just taking a guess you don't have 500+GB spare on your SSD hah.

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
I have Rogero on my PS3, so how would I update it to Rebug 4.81?

Cliff notes from my thread:
1. Download the following:
- Rebug 4.81. Check your serial code to figure out if you need to download REX or D-REX. Most of the time, it's the former. After downloading, you should check out if its MD5 is the same as the one in the readme file.
- Rebug Toolbox which should be in the same page as Rebug 4.81.
- multiman latest version
2. Put the files in a flash drive:
- Rebug 4.81 under PS3/UPDATE
- The other two files on your flash drive's root.
3. Open your PS3. Go to Settings > System Update. Click Update from Storage Device. It should find Rogero 4.81. Accept the following messages then click next. Wait for it to finish. It should complete successfully and will restart your PS3 to Rebug.
4. Now that you're on Rebug, go to Manage Package Files. Install Rebug Toolbox and multiman by clicking Install Package Files from your storage device. Open Rebug Toolbox, enable Cobra mode and webman.

You're all set at this point.

Links: Rebug 4.81 and Rebug Toolbox - http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-1-cobra-7-31-toolbox-2-02-11-dec-16th-2016/ (scroll down to the bottom for the downloads)
Multiman - http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=24
My Thread where I updated from Rogero to Rebug - https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-be-able-to-play-psx-and-ps2-games-on-rogero.452581/

Last edited by alienfromouterspace,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ganonctotch,

I have a 480gb as my boot drive, but plenty of space on one of my 6TB drives. If the speeds of that torrent are decent, I eill prob just grab it all if I could.

@alienfromouterspace.

Thanks for the rundown! I eill try that when I get my PS3 back.

Love the nickname...

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
@Ganonctotch,

I have a 480gb as my boot drive, but plenty of space on one of my 6TB drives. If the speeds of that torrent are decent, I eill prob just grab it all if I could.

@alienfromouterspace.

Thanks for the rundown! I eill try that when I get my PS3 back.

Love the nickname...

There really isn't a point to downloading the whole torrent that I gave you the file for though, some of the games have multiple versions of the same game such as the JP/EU and US versions so they are files you will just never make use of.

Happy downloading though, they're all Mai dumps so you'll need to put the Mai installer on the Vita and create a Mai folder on the root of your memory stick, extract the Rars from that torrent will give you a folder, drop that into the mai folder on your Vita using Filezilla on your PC, then pop open the Mai installer on the Vita and select to install game from Folder.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a Vita with FW 3.60, and have taiHENkaku installed. I know Axiom Verge hasn't been dumped, and I have no problem buying it, but I can't download it on my Vita via PSN since it asks me to update my system.

What are my options?

A while ago, I bought Day of the Tentacle from the website and clicked download to my PS Vita and surprisingly it downloaded even though my Vita was on 3.60 and the latest was 3.61 or something. Dunno if this still works.

I guess this was because I had already activated my Vita. I just tried on my other account which is now on my Vita and download is greyed out because it's not activated.

Last edited by chr0m,

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh now I remember. Only Circle of the Moon is supposedly not Metroidvania. I should play that soon.

Nope, all the three GBA titles are Metroidvania. Since Symphony of the Night, all 2D Castlevania are Metroidvania (well, except for the ports, remasters and remakes of classic titles, of course).

Last edited by thewarhammer,

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
A while ago, I bought Day of the Tentacle from the website and clicked download to my PS Vita and surprisingly it downloaded even though my Vita was on 3.60 and the latest was 3.61 or something. Dunno if this still works.

I guess this was because I had already activated my Vita. I just tried on my other account which is now on my Vita and download is greyed out because it's not activated.

The newest firmware of the Vita is 3.63 now and psn will refuse connection from anything lower than that. So even if you bought it at your PC, psn will not send the game to download on an activated Vita, it will more likely just push a "update your software" notice to the console if anything at all.

If you just have one Vita console and it is at HenKaku firmware there is no point buying Vita software from psn unless you want to thank a developer for a game you found a dump of which you like enough to want to hand them over cash for it.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The newest firmware of the Vita is 3.63 now and psn will refuse connection from anything lower than that. So even if you bought it at your PC, psn will not send the game to download on an activated Vita, it will more likely just push a "update your software" notice to the console if anything at all.

If you just have one Vita console and it is at HenKaku firmware there is no point buying Vita software from psn unless you want to thank a developer for a game you found a dump of which you like enough to want to hand them over cash for it.

I think this was shortly after 3.61 came out. Strange that I only have 1 Vita, when for some reason I have 7 3DSs!

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chr0m,

Yea, 3.61 killed the ability to even get on PSN with any firmware that was lower.

I feel your sentiment about 1 Vita vs 7 3DS's. I also only have 1 Vita, that I got really cheap, but was bareley played, is in FLAWLESS, and had FW 1.81. I just threw in a 64gb card that I got with a previous Slim Vita I sold, and installed taiHENkaku, along with a bunch of retro games.

I myself started collecting various DS Lites and DSi XL's. I started modding 3DS/N3DS (a9lh + luma3DS), but I haven't collected those, and my wife and me each have a modded N3DS XL. I also have a dingoo a320, game gear, and Neo Geo Pocket Color with Bung flash csrt. You should see my Bro's PSP collection!

Last edited by XC-3730C,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Rebug 4.81, enabled Cobra and Multiman via the Rebug Toolkit, and sign into PSN, and it says access to PSN from my system has been banned or temporarily suspended.

Anything I can do to install Axiom Verge and a PSP demo onto my PS Vita at this point? The owner of this PS3 had it on Rogero, and never went on PSN.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried on the PS3 itself, but I get the same message saying my system is banned.

I created a new account on my Vita a week ago, but of course, it tells me to update.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/OLqeHmZp-Wc?si=gnlLbzZEgWiNp5E5