Not open for further replies.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demigod198 said:
Doesn't the OFFICIAL US Re:coded site say 1/11/11? What more proof do you need?

Anyways, being on topic: I believe that a translation would be pointless, play the Japanese one if you want...(It shouldn't be THAT hard to understand. Not saying that it's easy but still) or wait for January. I won't be as long as March.
And here is their website to confirm that its coming out in January: http://kingdomheartsrecoded.com/us/

Edit: But its not the 11th its the 14th
tongue.gif

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
demigod198 said:
Doesn't the OFFICIAL US Re:coded site say 1/11/11? What more proof do you need?

Anyways, being on topic: I believe that a translation would be pointless, play the Japanese one if you want...(It shouldn't be THAT hard to understand. Not saying that it's easy but still) or wait for January. I won't be as long as March.

To nitpick, it says January 14th, 2011. But that's beside the point.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A menu translation and possibly the key story text would actually be easy to translate because of this: Kingdom Hearts Coded Walkthrough
I started a game and recoded is basically the exact same thing except for a few new things, all we would need is to know what files have the text and a program to edit them.

Just an idea..

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yah...menu makes sense.....don't waste time on dialogue though...
laugh.gif

Btw: I'm pretty sure it's 11 in US but 14 in Eur. So we are both right and wrong
wink.gif

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spenstar said:
A menu translation and possibly the key story text would actually be easy to translate because of this: Kingdom Hearts Coded Walkthrough
I started a game and recoded is basically the exact same thing except for a few new things, all we would need is to know what files have the text and a program to edit them.

Just an idea..

The game has multi 6 files....

Replace all _ja with _en or _de or _it or _fr or _es then most of the items/skills and some textures are translated.

Only menu&dialog needs a translation, which is easy (if you understand japanese), text files are easy to find (jp folder, _ja name)
most of them are compressed with LZ77 0x11 (wwpacker can unpack/repack them), text format is also simple

4 Byte = numText
4 Byte = text_length
X byte = UTF16LE text

Text can be edited with MadEdit.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfgd said:
Spenstar said:

Just an idea..

Replace all _ja with _en or _de or _it or _fr or _es then most of the items/skills and some textures are translated.

Only menu&dialog needs a translation, which is easy (if you understand japanese), text files are easy to find (jp folder, _ja name)
most of them are compressed with LZ77 0x11 (wwpacker can unpack/repack them), text format is also simple

4 Byte = numText
4 Byte = text_length
X byte = UTF16LE text

So have you tested that out by replacing the files and it was partly translated?

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dsfgd said:
Spenstar said:

Just an idea..

4 Byte = numText
4 Byte = text_length
X byte = UTF16LE text

besides MadEdit and wwpacker what other tools can I use to extract and edit the text files

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfgd said:
Spenstar said:
So have you tested that out by replacing the files and it was partly translated?
yes, here if you replace _ja with _de, only a small font bug.
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/l7jlxhwh/khrec.png

That's almost-proper german.

I just wonder why the hell it can't display äÄöÖüÜ...
You'd think that if a game has multi-language files lying around somewhere it'd also have things specific to that language displayable.
(Russian would be completely blank lines, then...)

And by the way, HELL YEAH!
Not to pressure you, but if you're able to do that just as an example we could have a full menu-translation within the next few days, right? Right?

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shoat said:
That's almost-proper german.

I just wonder why the hell it can't display äÄöÖüÜ...
You'd think that if a game has multi-language files lying around somewhere it'd also have things specific to that language displayable.
(Russian would be completely blank lines, then...)

And by the way, HELL YEAH!
Not to pressure you, but if you're able to do that just as an example we could have a full menu-translation within the next few days, right? Right?It's a font bug, because this game has 2 fonts, one for JPN and one for EU, i didn't change that because i think it would break the japanese characters.
I could make a translation if someone translate me everything in the menu. I can't speak japanese and google translate isn't a help here.

QUOTE(cotyboy @ Oct 7 2010, 01:31 PM) any luck?, ive tried it but i only got errcode=-4 on my dstt
I didn't repack the rom, i just changed names in the filetable.

PS: change OP.mods to Secret.mods to view the Secret Talk ^^

Lunitari

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh... There are so many games in JAP that will never be released in english, many great games... why waste time in this? x__x KH is gonna be released in USA and EUR. Why don't you help with the translation projects in this forum? ><

Also I don't understand why to translate Pokemon games, when they're released in almost every country =_=' *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share