marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
win32rcbot said:
Is this project alive or we must use uLoader ?
It's supposed that it will back to life when Waninkoko's cIOSX Rev20 comes out.

See ya!
Or not.
When cIOS rev20 is released, NAND emu will work again. But that does not mean Triiforce will get new important improvements because there are no more things to do on it, all depends on cIOS to improve compatibility.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen this on the google code site for R81:
* Updated to ignore HBC 1.0.7
* Attempt to get compatible with cIOS rev 20

I keep getting DSI code dumps with R81 & cIOS rev 20b.
Is there a specific base we need to use with cIOS rev 20b? or is Triiforce not fully compatable yet?

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twig123 said:

Is there a specific base we need to use with cIOS rev 20b? or is Triiforce not fully compatable yet?
This happens to me aswell.

Using 20b + 3.2e + 4.2e on usb

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackVivi said:
twig123 said:

This happens to me aswell.

Using 20b + 3.2e + 4.2e on usb

Must admit i was really excited for rev20 due to this. But hope someone found a work around for this problem. I also can confirm i had code dumps, not sure why.. Hope we are in the minority.

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
3 people and nobody tells where it code dumps, seriously..........
I didn't want to describe the exact details, because I thought you could reproduce the error and see it for yourself with some kind of debugger.

The code dumps directly after you've selected the device, in my case its usb nand. I can't test it again at the moment, but I will soon test it again and I will write down the numbers of the code dump.

(I'm not able to see the list of titles or something else. It just dumps directly after I've selected the device)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jabmaster2 said:
Charmandersrule said:
What do you mean installed on nand? I get that this is a big deal and its what CIOS 14 is about but i dont get what it does/how to use it. Can someone help me out?
It's a channel loader for wiiware And vc. Right now there testing it for loading games from NAND so it can be ready to load games from a NAND emulator when it's released.

Installed on NAND means games that are installed on the wii
i dont get it either and i'm not completely wii thick lol

by emulated nand i take it this means not the one on the wii but a replica one stored on an SD card/USB device or something, if that IS what it is then i understand that this is a program that loads wiiware/ VC games off this replica nand yes?

but whats the advantage of that? just that the actual wii nand doesnt get full up is the only positive i can see from this.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
advantage is expanded nand storage space.

The actual wii only has 512MB of memory.

You can use an external hard drive as the emulated nand and then your nand could be 500GB if you wanted.

D

Deleted User

When I try to load the NAND on my USB HDD I get this:

Code:
stack dump:

80e4e7a4 --> 80e4e730 --> 80e06650 --> 80e069fc -->
80e05900 --> 80e05ed4 --> 80e061b8 --> 80e002cc -->
80e33698

code dump:

80e4e7a4: 80C60004 70C70001 4082001C 7C004214
80e4e7b4: 419E00A8 810B0008 816B000C 910B0008
80e4e7c4: 9168000C 600B0001 7C09012E 91690004

triiforce r82
cIOS r20 base IOS 38
system menu 4.2E
HBC 1.0.7

D

Deleted User

The USB 2.0 port gives me the code dump and the 1.1 port gives me: ERROR Mount! (ret = -101)

D

Deleted User

I may have something important here from Waninkoko's twitter:

hackinblack said:
I just realized some FFS plugin changes just... disappeared!! Something wrong went with GIT. NAND emu shouldn't be working. Sorry.

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FragAguy said:
I may have something important here from Waninkoko's twitter:

hackinblack said:
I just realized some FFS plugin changes just... disappeared!! Something wrong went with GIT. NAND emu shouldn't be working. Sorry.

sounds liek a workaround will come from wani himself soon. Thanks for the update.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait on cIOSX rev21, should be coming withing a week or two.

Just one question. I never used Triiforce but it basically emulates the NAND right? What do i have to do, if i need a System Update or specific IOS in the future, because Nintendo released some awesome VC-stuff that depends on it. Can i safely upgrade the things inside the NAND?

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I was trying to use this but some games were just not working for me mostly VC games while ww were working. I was using the gui version but i found out i can use cfg usb loader to load iso fowarders to run games from triforce, then i managed to make chanels in crap that load this iso fowarder. My idea was to have 200 to 900 block games only take 7 in the wii nand(using a crap fowarder) and get the games to run this way from the main wii menu but without filling the nand.

Ok so i have triforce in my fat usb drive and its only reading my real nand while the gui version of triforce loads the emulated nand fine this regular version of triforce dosent give me an option ( i know its my real nand cause i only see the 1 ww game i have installed in my wii) i can only choose game vid modes and such but no option to switch from emulated and real one. Now my fowarder works, boots the iso the iso loads up trifoce to boot the game but the game isnt there so it goes to a blue screen and sends me back to the sistem menu. SO how can I configure triforce to use emulated nand as default from my usb drive so the fowarder and chanel will do their funtions?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
DunkrWunkah said:
I will try this when I get home from vacation. Sounds like it could be useful. Is it possible to incorperate Ocarina in this somehow?
That's already included in the app.

See ya!

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anybody tell me if this is working:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/SNEEKv2_Homebrew_Compatibility

QUOTE said:
Triiforce: Standard version requires IOS249 which is currently broken with SNEEK. If you want to run triiforce on sneek, you will need to comment out the ios reloading in triiforce source code, it should work then using "normal nand" (wich uses sneek anyway).

Update to above post :- You can get Triiforce to work by installing a trucha signed IOS36 into slot IOS249. Just use showmiiwads to change IOS slot and install the fakesigned IOS to your NAND dump. Triiforce will work fine using "Real NAND" setting.
I want to use Triiforce to videopatch some NTSC-games on my PAL-Wii, but i use Sneek for WiiWare/VC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.nickalive.net/2024/05/peter-bennett-long-time-art-director-on.html?m=1 sad