Hacking TriiForce beta testing

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
moosh01 said:
@ nicksasa, Could you get with some people that are developing USB loaders to implement NAND emu. into the loader, for savegames or DLC. Would be great for the whole scene!!

I wouldn't do that. Do you see how bad the device compatibility for the nand emu is? If somebody would release an usb loader with this he would get spammed by stupid questions, why it doesn't work to emulate the nand on usb, while it's clear that 1. the nand emu has less compatiblity than the usb loader, and 2. you can't use the same device for both. And if there are other issues, i don't know, but i assume there are.

I see your point. Hopefully in the future it will be more feasible.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
power is saying youd need 2 hard drives to do this.. 1 for the game iso's and 1 just for save data, which means you need to use both usb ports and programs need to be programmed to allow usb 2 usage on both usb ports..

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
power is saying youd need 2 hard drives to do this.. 1 for the game iso's and 1 just for save data, which means you need to use both usb ports and programs need to be programmed to allow usb 2 usage on both usb ports..

Wouldn't a partitioned drive work?

ctunightfall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moosh01 said:
GolfDude said:

A partitioned drive does work. My 1 TB is sectioned - 1st: FAT32 for Triiforce and other HBC apps, 2nd: WBFS, 3rd: NTFS

C

CasperH

ctunightfall said:
moosh01 said:
GolfDude said:

A partitioned drive does work. My 1 TB is sectioned - 1st: FAT32 for Triiforce and other HBC apps, 2nd: WBFS, 3rd: NTFS
The FAT one must be active and primary if I remember correctly

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to clarify, if your hardware is compatible with the NAND emulator, you can in fact use one fat32/wbfs partitioned drive in port 0 not only for triiforce, but with the neogamma USB NAND release as well. I'm not sure about DLC, but while reading the image on wbfs, saves will be written to and read from the mounted FS on the USB drive. That program is listed as unsupported, and while it is related, this is a triiforce thread. So again in short, wait for rev 15.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
ctunightfall said:
moosh01 said:
GolfDude said:

The FAT one must be active and primary if I remember correctly

That is what I was saying, because my HDD works with triiforce, Primary is Fat32, WBFS is 2nd and a logical drive.

odretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does TriiForce rely on anything other than cIOS rev 14 for loading games? is there anything that could cause incompatibilities that are false when comparing to the compatibility list?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
odretro said:
Does TriiForce rely on anything other than cIOS rev 14 for loading games? is there anything that could cause incompatibilities that are false when comparing to the compatibility list?

What compatiblity list? You need a device comaptibliy list, a list which games work from REAL nand and then you can think about a game compatilibty list from emulated nand.

odretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I am talking about entries that say they are working. For me they are not working. That is why i asked this question;

Does TriiForce rely on anything other than cIOS rev 14 for loading games? is there anything that could cause incompatibilities?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiipower plz come on irc, havenbt seen you for 5 days :S

Posts merged

beegee7730 said:
Would banner music be possible, as used in wiiflow?
yes, if megazig would allow me to use some of his BNS code, and i will ask just i wont add it today, maybe tomorrow
smile.gif

L

lolololox

I have bought Tales of Monkey Island 1.

It's play well on my wii.

When i'll try to play it from Triiforce :
- it's play well if i use the real nand
- it's doesn't play if i use the usb nand (green screen).

Do you know why ?
Does FsDumper copy not all the nand need ?

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been posted before here but anyways I have two wiis one on 4.1 and the other on 4.0. I have dumped my nand from the 4.1 wii to a 8gb flash drive to use with triiforce. So I got this crazy notion in my head to see if I could use the nand on my flash drive with the other wii I have on 4.0 with triiforce. Well it worked I emulatyed the nand for the 4.1 on the 4.0 wii and was able to play the vc/wiiware games that were on the drive. Once the game was started I had to manually resync the remote but after that it worked fine. Just to warn you if you attempt to do this make sure you have bootmii installed as boot2 on the wii you plan on using. I say this because at first after I emulated the nand on the 4.0 wii and hard resetted it it went to nothing but black screen. Fortunately all I had to do is remove the power cord for about 30 seconds.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odretro said:
Does TriiForce rely on anything other than cIOS rev 14 for loading games? is there anything that could cause incompatibilities?
Some WiiWare/VC Games need IOS53 and/or IOS55 installed to work, I don't know if anything else is needed though.

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
triiforce will boot my game fine for once, but the next time i try to load my SD nand again it will code dump. this always happens and i have to delete and redump my nand everytime.

Using someone elses nand dump eliminated the problem, but I have issues trying to sync my wiimotes. Other than the file SYSCONF, what other files should I use form my own nand dump on someone elses dump to maintain settings like wiimote sync?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3