Hacking triiforce mrc

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
Maybe someone can help me, since my situation changed a bit.

HDD: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Inte...8701&sr=8-1
Case: http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/detail_...amp;language=de
First partition: FAT32, Primary, Active
Secondary partition: NTFS, Primary
Wii: 4.2, cIOS rev17 in Slot 249

CFGLoader working, UNEEK working, Triiforce (MRC) not.

"Can't get title list", "Error Ret -1"

Any help would be appreciated.
"Error Ret -1" means the drive is not being found. So my first question is going to be, are you trying to load triforce form the uneek nand because that is not going to work, you would have to tell trifforce to use real nand in the triiforce options like above in longtom1's post or it has to be on your sd and loaded from your real nand to emulate the nand on your HD.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
or it has to be on your sd and loaded from your real nand to emulate the nand on your HD.
This
smile.gif
, i listened to you in the other thread lol. UNEEK-NAND is on my HDD, Triiforce (MRC) is on my SD-Card. Real system menu => HBC => Triiforce (MRC => USB-NAND-option.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
ChokeD said:
or it has to be on your sd and loaded from your real nand to emulate the nand on your HD.
This
smile.gif
, i listened to you in the other thread lol. UNEEK-NAND is on my HDD, Triiforce (MRC) is on my SD-Card. Real system menu => HBC => Triiforce (MRC => USB-NAND-option.
I'm not understanding the
smile.gif

Did you get it working or no ?? If it did not work do you have cIOS17 installed as 249 ?? I don't think Triiforce_mrc works with anything higher than 17 or 17b.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just agreed to the quoted part of your previous post. You asked me whether i'm trying to:
1) load Triiforce from UNEEK (Real NAND-option)
2) load Triiforce from real NAND and emulate from HDD (USB-NAND-option)

I did the second one. I started Triiforce (MRC) from my real NAND, selected USB-NAND-option and my installed titles showed up. That's what i did on my previous HDD. My new HDD is not detected by Triiforce, but CFGLoader and UNEEK are working fine.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
To anyone that has problems with Art Style games.

I think I discovered something very interesting.
Install a System Menu 3.2 to your emulated NAND using ShowMiiWads, and try loading the Art Style games with the Apploader method.

My Cubello stopped working from USB NAND last month (I did a mix between the dumps of my two Wiis).
I installed a System Menu 3.2 on my USB NAND and now it works again! Can anyone try this on their NAND? Because some users were having problems running these games even having a System Menu installed on their NAND and using Apploader method and it seems this is the final solution.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:

Install a System Menu 3.2 to your emulated NAND using ShowMiiWads, and try loading the Art Style games with the Apploader method.

My Cubello stopped working from USB NAND last month (I did a mix between the dumps of my two Wiis).
I installed a System Menu 3.2 on my USB NAND and now it works again! Can anyone try this on their NAND? Because some users were having problems running these games even having a System Menu installed on their NAND and using Apploader method and it seems this is the final solution.

If the method would require the latest update and wouldn't work on 3.2, i would say that's the solution. But this way, i would like to find out what's wrong. Stupid question 1st: Do you have the game on your real nand? If the game does an IOS Reload, the nand emu is disabled...

But gathering info which system menus people have installed(nand + emulated nand), and who is able to play these games would still be interesting.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
I just agreed to the quoted part of your previous post. You asked me whether i'm trying to:

I did the second one. I started Triiforce (MRC) from my real NAND, selected USB-NAND-option and my installed titles showed up. That's what i did on my previous HDD. My new HDD is not detected by Triiforce, but CFGLoader and UNEEK are working fine.
Please make sure that your partition is Primary and Active and if UNEEK is using it properly it should be FAT32 already. Other than that I'm at a loss for what your problem could be. If it were me I would do away with the dual partitions and Format the entire drive to Fat32, Primary, Active, 32KB Clusters.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
marc_max said:

If the method would require the latest update and wouldn't work on 3.2, i would say that's the solution. But this way, i would like to find out what's wrong. Stupid question 1st: Do you have the game on your real nand? If the game does an IOS Reload, the nand emu is disabled...

But gathering info which system menus people have installed(nand + emulated nand), and who is able to play these games would still be interesting.
When I made the NAND dump (old Wii) they were installed and they had a savegame. When I could run them from Triiforce I deleted from real NAND and they still worked from emulated NAND, so they were still running from emulated NAND. There isn't IOS Reload, of course.
On my new Wii I haven't bought these games nor installed them from WADs, if you are curious
smile.gif

So the games WORK on Triiforce.
This 3.2 method maybe erronous. But it worked for me so I'd like to know if someone that never achieved to run them can do it now with this method. As I said, they worked perfectly for me when I made the old NAND dump (they were installed already), but on my new Wii I made a dump and then copied the old dump's title and ticket folders to the new one, Cubello stopped working (but Orbient still worked).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What system menu do both wiis have, what system menu the usb-nand?

So you had 3.2 on the old wii, 3.2 on usb-nand, and the game works on the old wii. The new wii has 4.x, and it works with the usb-nand from the old wii with 3.2 system menu, but not with a 4.x dump from the new wii, and works if 3.2 is installed to the usb-nand?

Also, everybody should be warned that 3.2 must not be installed to the real nand, this would brick a lot of wiis!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
What system menu do both wiis have, what system menu the usb-nand?

So you had 3.2 on the old wii, 3.2 on usb-nand, and the game works on the old wii. The new wii has 4.x, and it works with the usb-nand from the old wii with 3.2 system menu, but not with a 4.x dump from the new wii, and works if 3.2 is installed to the usb-nand?

Also, everybody should be warned that 3.2 must not be installed to the real nand, this would brick a lot of wiis!
I made the old dump with a 4.0 or 4.1, I can't remember. The games were installed with savegames.
The new dump is from a 4.2 and the games are not installed nor bought.
In both cases the Wii is PAL and the games were bought in the european Shop Channel so they are also PAL.

The old dump ran Cubello with no problems (using the Apploader method).
The new dump had no titles installed (except System Menu 4.2, of course). So I renamed the old dump title and ticket folders to the new dump. Cubello did not work. I installed System Menu 3.2 on it (overwriting 4.2), and now works. If I install a 4.2 System Menu again it stops working.

One thing I want to ask... All my dumps were made with SimpleFSDumper in Compatibilty Mode (or something like that). Theorically it dumps System Menu too, but ShowMiiWads doesn't show it until you install one. Is this normal?

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Aug 25 2010, 01:53 PM) Also, everybody should be warned that 3.2 must not be installed to the real nand, this would brick a lot of wiis!
Of course. That should be obvious
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it's not obvious for >50% of people. And i always use full nand dumps from fstoolbox, i have no idea what the other one leaves out.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
Liberty said:

Please make sure that your partition is Primary and Active and if UNEEK is using it properly it should be FAT32 already. Other than that I'm at a loss for what your problem could be. If it were me I would do away with the dual partitions and Format the entire drive to Fat32, Primary, Active, 32KB Clusters.
Yup, FAT32, 32 Clusters, Primary/Active. I already tried single partition, nothing changed. But like i said, UNEEK and CFGLoader are both working, that's just too strange.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
ChokeD said:
Liberty said:

Yup, FAT32, 32 Clusters, Primary/Active. I already tried single partition, nothing changed. But like i said, UNEEK and CFGLoader are both working, that's just too strange.
I don't know if it would make a difference but you could try cIOS14 for 249. It may have better compatibility. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong if you know you got your setup right. Sorry.

Count_spunky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody direct me to a guide or guide me through the steps of getting waninkoko's CIOSr17 installed as IOS250? This seems to be eluding me.

Thanks in advance and thanks for this awesome tool!

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
Liberty said:
ChokeD said:
Liberty said:

I don't know if it would make a difference but you could try cIOS14 for 249. It may have better compatibility. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong if you know you got your setup right. Sorry.
My hard drive seems to be incompatible with Triiforce. Just tried a WD Caviar Blue instead of the Caviar Green one and it worked again. I dunno why CFGLoader and UNEEK worked.

foolontehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got triiforce mrc working. Well, I did have it working, I was able to load up gradius rebirth. When I exited out to system menu and was going to try a different game, it is not working any more. Triiforce loads, shows the wiiware i have, but when i click a game it says push a to load nand loader instead. when i puch a it kicks me back to the system menu.

Am using ciosx(20b) loaded to 249 base 38.

I worked great when i first set it up, like I said, Gradius loaded fine. Now it is not loading any of the games.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess