Hacking Trouble with Punch-Out - Black Screen/DVD Read Error

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone through several Punch-Out threads, and I've tried almost everything to get it to work like others have.

I'm using the NTSC version of Punch-Out on a NTSC Wii(Version 3.3 I believe)
I'm using Backup Launcher with #002 Fix to launch it.
I used the Custom IOS38 rev13 Installer to install the IOS(maybe not the ones I needed?)

Can anyone help me get this to work?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe some IOS is missing...?!?

Why don't you update your Wii to 4.0U?
If so, be sure to install bootmii fist to be brick proof and then use the ultimate guide (found here in the forum)

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you weren't suppose to upgrade to 4.0 for mods...............maybe that's before getting Homebrew Channel?

Alright, so I install Bootmii and then use Wiiconnect to update my wii to 4.0 right? Or do I use a program off of GBATemp?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a NTSC-U or NTSC-J Wii? If it's J, you need a loader with country string patching like NeoGamma R3.

supagusti said:
maybe some IOS is missing...?!?

Why don't you update your Wii to 4.0U?
If so, be sure to install bootmii fist to be brick proof and then use the ultimate guide (found here in the forum)

Arrgh! When will people learn that the only IOS that has any effect on usb loading is the cIOS!

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have an NTSC-U Wii. Also, I'm using an SD card to load all of my apps and mods.

So where can I find the IOS I need for Punchout if I didn't get them with Custom IOS38 rev13 Installer? I think I read that they were 38 53 and 55.

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
WiiPower said:
Arrgh! When will people learn that the only IOS that has any effect on usb loading is the cIOS!

where do you read about usb loader ? - i thought he has a mod chip ?!?

SD Card actually. Sorry for the confusion
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
supagusti said:
WiiPower said:

Ok, my fault, sorry. Why do mod chip people never tell 1. they use a mod chip and 2. they "need" to play from disc channel?

SSJ Zac said:
supagusti said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 4 2009, 04:41 PM)

SD Card actually. Sorry for the confusion
tongue.gif

Then it's the same as for usb loaders. Only cIOS, loader and media matter. Do other games work fine?

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Then it's the same as for usb loaders. Only cIOS, loader and media matter. Do other games work fine?

Other games work fine such as Wii Music and Madworld.........just not Punchout. Does Punchout need a specific cIOS that other games don't?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SSJ Zac said:
WiiPower said:

Other games work fine such as Wii Music and Madworld.........just not Punchout. Does Punchout need a specific cIOS that other games don't?

Not that i know of. Only people with japanese Wiis have a special requirement for this game i know of. Try cIOSrev13a and NeoGamma R3 or USB Loader GX(don't know if that has sd loading, NeoGamma has for sure).

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
try downgrading your cios to rev10, people have starting having issues with games since rev11, i had same problem with same game but pal on rev 12 then downgraded to rev10 now all is ok

EDIT

sorry it was rev 9 i downgraded to

crazyquark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another problem, using cIOS rev13b, movies slow down and eventually stop playing without however crashing or anything. They play for a few seconds and then simply end. I thought it was a DVD burning issue and made another copy and minimum write speed but I get the same results.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazyquark said:
I have another problem, using cIOS rev13b, movies slow down and eventually stop playing without however crashing or anything. They play for a few seconds and then simply end. I thought it was a DVD burning issue and made another copy and minimum write speed but I get the same results.

Its either A) the discs your using (best is new memorex -r discs)
or
B) The loader/cios running.
or
C) Both.

Usually, its the loader's fault. Get a different version of NeoGamma.

Also, can someone help me? I just installed cIOS rev13, so I could play Ghost Busters, but now, I cannot play Punch Out! from the disc channel anymore. I have no other backups yet, so I cant find out if it does this on other games as well yet. Do you think this is a Punch Out! problem or cioscorp problem? Anyone have a solution so both games can be played?

*EDIT* Found Solution. Rev13 screwed my wii completely, where I couldnt read any discs from disc channel. I reinstalled rev9 again, & everything was peachy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.