• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump administration moves to ban bump stocks

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 5,734
  • Replies 89
  • Likes 3

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't sound right at all.

It's perfectly within in bounds of the Constitution to make things illegal that were once legal. However, outlawing guns specifically violates the Right to Bare Arms so it is unconstitutional. So you're correct, it isn't right.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And if you want information on mass shooting rate on Belgium being on par with U.S. it’s here.

Belgium also has bombing attacks that killed 31 people and wounded in 180. Which is worse then any U.S. public mass shooting in terms of fatalities and woundings.

They under count the shooting rates in other countries, or they collect data differently then the U.S., like the U.K. collect data differently that it reduces mass shooting homicide rates by 15%. They are comparing apples to oranges. If the U.S. did the same then they can reduce numbers too.

Sometimes countries try to hide their mass shooting numbers. U.S. is very detailed in their data collection and other countries are not the same which can overplay U.S. numbers in comparison.
I'll repeat: lies.

Okay: statistics. Same difference.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Wow I’m impressed. He is the most believable snake oil salesman I seen. He travels to college campusus he debates people, he wins debates, he uses data, playing with definitions, using false equivalences. A lot of people are using his research in debates. You really have to dig deep to find flaws in his research. He even try to sue people for saying things about his work.

@Xzi was using his research to try to counter points I said. And me and @TotalInsanity4 we’re debating his data as if it means anything. GG John Lott. You had us fooled.

I’m not even mad he lied. I’m impressed. People should learn from John Lott on how to be a snake oil salesmen.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Last edited by SG854,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not even mad he lied. I’m impressed. People should learn from John Lott on how to be a snake oil salesmen.
I kinda am. It's bad enough I hear enough BS whenever I pop on talk radio in the car from people with no credentials whatsoever, I'm slightly irritated that someone publishing what outwardly looks to be legitimate studies is managing to fool a much grander audience. Granted, I didn't sit down and properly vet the source, I just read through the statistics the page showed, but that's realistically more than most people would do

Reactions: Xzi

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I kinda am. It's bad enough I hear enough BS whenever I pop on talk radio in the car from people with no credentials whatsoever, I'm slightly irritated that someone publishing what outwardly looks to be legitimate studies is managing to fool a much grander audience. Granted, I didn't sit down and properly vet the source, I just read through the statistics the page showed, but that's realistically more than most people would do
This is such a problem from both sides of the debate it’s hard to tell who’s actually telling the truth. Sometimes I just don’t know who you to believe anymore. I have caught the left and the right doing stuff like this. It’s really annoying.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such a problem from both sides of the debate it’s hard to tell who’s actually telling the truth. Sometimes I just don’t know who you to believe anymore. I have caught the left and the right doing stuff like this. It’s really annoying.
Oh, I don't deny that. It just personally frustrates me how easy it appears to be to completely falsify information these days, as someone who's studying in the journalism field and has been strictly taught to vet e v e r y t h i n g

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We need a category for "junk research". Oh, wait ...

Reactions: PanTheFaun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday