• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump blaming Canada for burning the White House

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...ght-canada-burned-down-the-white-house-d.html

In short, Justin Trudeau asked Trump, during a phone call, that those exagereted taxes are usually made for country that represent a threat to national defense
Why does he think Canada represent a national threat to USA?

Trump to answer : "It was you who burned the White House, remember?"
Hey, that was 200 years ago
plus, Canada just celebrated its 150th
So it wasn't canada but british occupation forces
Come on...

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like Trump just gave us permission to call him by his ancestor's name: Drumpf (I mean that wasn't even 200 years ago that they went by that). Thanks Drumpf!
Honestly I think it was a joke because some black people guilt white people for something that happened before most of us were even alive

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't clicked the link but I'm going to make a guess that the site is like the Onion.....please tell me the site is like the Onion.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I think it was a joke because some black people guilt white people for something that happened before most of us were even alive
Justin Trudeau confirmed
it wasnt a joke
The situation they were in wasn't the moment to make a joke

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I haven't clicked the link but I'm going to make a guess that the site is like the Onion.....please tell me the site is like the Onion.
Well, I heard it at the news at tv
I simply took the first link to this in the news section of google

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...you know as well as we all do that it wasn't a joke but trumps absolute ignorance of literally anything, first and foremost, history and facts.
also, an official phonecall between heads of states is not a place for petty jokes.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trudeau's underlying assumption (or obtuseness) that the tariffs mean the US government sees Canada as a threat to US national security is ridiculous. The nation, Canada, obviously does not pose a threat. The combined effect of steel and aluminum imports from Canada, EU, and Mexico on US steel production however, may. It is in the US's national security and economic interests that we keep a viable, independent metals industry operational within our borders. Perhaps even if that means a somewhat artificially propped-up industry. And even putting aside the national security consideration and looking only at the economic (jobs) side of it, this is not an unusual action. Obama did this, Bush did this, plenty of other US presidents did this. To some extent its probably just for political capital - Obama claimed the tire tariff of 2009 against China saved 1200 US jobs. He didn't further explain that the cost to the US economy for each of those jobs was about $900,000. But going back to the national security side of it, the preservation of a US tire manufacturing industry for military purposes in time of need may make such a cost worth it. When you no longer have the ability to manufacture for national defense, you become dependent on others for national defense.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the drumpf is a cancerous demented sociopath. I've really been enjoying his recent psychotic meltdowns, though....cornered rat knows it's cornered. Gonna need a new popcorn popper soon, and maybe a second one just for the Rudy stuff...
:lol:
DfCAO02XkAAQS3d.jpg

Reactions: dpad_5678

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...ght-canada-burned-down-the-white-house-d.html

In short, Justin Trudeau asked Trump, during a phone call, that those exagereted taxes are usually made for country that represent a threat to national defense
Why does he think Canada represent a national threat to USA?

Trump to answer : "It was you who burned the White House, remember?"
Hey, that was 200 years ago
plus, Canada just celebrated its 150th
So it wasn't canada but british occupation forces
Come on...

It's like when people insist that we should all speak Spanish like Mexico, when they are totally ignorant of the fact that Spanish is not the native language of Mexico. In fact Mexico and South America once had many languages, just as North America and Canada. No one has any idea what in the world they are rambling on about.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's like when people insist that we should all speak Spanish like Mexico, when they are totally ignorant of the fact that Spanish is not the native language of Mexico. In fact Mexico and South America once had many languages, just as North America and Canada. No one has any idea what in the world they are rambling on about.
When you say "North America and Canada" do you mean that USA are whole north america and Canada is just there to make usa look better?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ouch... :P

And here I was, thinking on gathering the needed info and sources to make a thread about how Trump sees poor old USA as being unfairly treated in big business deals*, which would be an excuse for the import taxes on steel**...

But this "argument" blows any reasoning even further out of the water.

Honestly, at this point I'm just all in favor of a trade war. I'm curious how long that clown is going to play dictator of the rest of the world if USA gets the same kind of isolation as North Korea.

*which also implies incompetence of just about every US government before this one
**somehow, that argument gets lodged under "state security" as well

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch... :P

And here I was, thinking on gathering the needed info and sources to make a thread about how Trump sees poor old USA as being unfairly treated in big business deals*, which would be an excuse for the import taxes on steel**...

But this "argument" blows any reasoning even further out of the water.

Honestly, at this point I'm just all in favor of a trade war. I'm curious how long that clown is going to play dictator of the rest of the world if USA gets the same kind of isolation as North Korea.

*which also implies incompetence of just about every US government before this one
**somehow, that argument gets lodged under "state security" as well
maybe theyll start threatening bombing canada?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay