• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump ousts Jeff Sessions from AG position, Mueller investigation endangered

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Months of investigation and millions of taxpayers dollars wasted and the most they got was Hillary and Muller connections to Russia. The only person that doesn’t seem to have connections to Russia is Trump. A hillarious twist.
The Mueller investigation paid for itself and then some when all of Manafort's assets were seized. Nearly every person indicted so far has direct connections to Trump.

In any case, firing the guy investigating you is always going to make you look (more) guilty. It's a dipshit move, which is why only Nixon and now Trump have done it.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

American politics somehow make Australian pols look good, and that's saying something.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The Mueller investigation paid for itself and then some when all of Manafort's assets were seized. Nearly every person indicted so far has direct connections to Trump.

In any case, firing the guy investigating you is always going to make you look (more) guilty. It's a dipshit move, which is why only Nixon and now Trump have done it.
An indictment is a formal accusation that a person has committed a crime. It doesn’t mean that the person is guilty of a crime.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then she's insane. The GOP couldn't impeach Clinton, despite having a majority. Trump would have to dig up the corpse of Regan and have sex with it on live TV. Even then, I doubt they'd vote for impeachment.
Again you would need 67 votes, at the time the split was 55 R - 45 D in the senate
they needed 12 dems to flip which wasn't going to happen

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
An indictment is a formal accusation that a person has committed a crime. It doesn’t mean that the person is guilty of a crime.
37 indictments and 7 convictions. Additionally, Trump has already been named as an unindicted co-conspirator in at least one crime by Cohen when he plead guilty.

Back on topic: turns out Whitaker's appointment as AG was illegal to begin with. The only person that can be 'rubber stamped' to that position has to be deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein in this case. Otherwise the Senate needs to have a say or needs to be in recess.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/matthew-whitaker-jeff-sessions-replacement-illegal.html

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I can tell you right off the bat that the 13 Russians Nationals one doesn’t mean much.

So the crimes they are accused of is identity theft, conspiracy to commit bank fraud, and not registering as foreign agents (which a couple were busted for on that list you linked me). And if they want to indict people for not registering with the FARA act then Muller should indict Christopher Steele, the guy that created the fake dossier, and without the fake dossier there would have been no surveillance warrant.

There was no proof that 13 nationals in the indictment altered the 2016 election. They probably broke the law, but that doesn’t mean they had anything to do with Trump or election collusion.

They were just people making a bunch of bad memes of pro black anti black, pro/anti Muslims, anti guns, pro/anti blm and blah blah blah, they were covering both sides of the topic yet they were indicted for over throwing our government with facebook memes.

I actually have been out of it for this Russia thing so I wouldn’t tell you about the other guys that were busted, I’ll have to research more on that myself. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t mean much. If it does then i’ll be on your side and criticize Trump.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you right off the bat that the 13 Russians Nationals one doesn’t mean much.

So the crimes they are accused of is identity theft, conspiracy to commit bank fraud, and not registering as foreign agents (which a couple were busted for on that list you linked me). And if they want to indict people for not registering with the FARA act then Muller should indict Christopher Steele, the guy that created the fake dossier, and without the fake dossier there would have been no surveillance warrant.

There was no proof that 13 nationals in the indictment altered the 2016 election. They probably broke the law, but that doesn’t mean they had anything to do with Trump or election collusion.

They were just people making a bunch of bad memes of pro black anti black, pro/anti Muslims, anti guns, pro/anti blm and blah blah blah, they were covering both sides of the topic yet they were indicted for over throwing our government with facebook memes.

I actually have been out of it for this Russia thing so I wouldn’t tell you about the other guys that were busted, I’ll have to research more on that myself. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t mean much. If it does then i’ll be on your side and criticize Trump.
you are making the mistake here that i am criticizing him. if he has nothing to hide let Mueller do his job. as for proof that the 13 nationals altered the results, well that is why i would like Mueller to find out the extent of what happened. you can also say it does not mean much, but a lot of the others that plead guilty were guys who worked for the campaign or were connected to it in one way or another. if you surround yourself by crooks, dont be surprised if people have questions.

since you earlier replied with youtube videos to hold your argument i can do it as well (the following video post is tongue in cheek dont take it seriously)

Last edited by WD_GASTER2, , Reason: clarify even a little bit further.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
you are making the mistake here that i am criticizing him. if he has nothing to hide let Mueller do his job. as for proof that the 13 nationals altered the results, well that is why i would like Mueller to find out the extent of what happened. you can also say it does not mean much, but a lot of the others that plead guilty were guys who worked for the campaign or were connected to it in one way or another. if you surround yourself by crooks, dont be surprised if people have questions.

since you earlier replied with youtube videos to hold your argument i can do it as well (the following video post is tongue in cheek dont take it seriously)

So I looked more into the link you gave me and non of them show that they are linked to Trump. 32 indictments and not one linked to Trump.

24 of them are Russians living in Russia. Only 6 are U.S. citizens. 76 charges with 9 guilty pleas for crimes that had nothing to do with the Trump or the election.

I need proof before I can say Russians are connected to Trump, until then it’s just a conspiracy theory.

Here’s is my video link from the Wall Street Journal about the 12 Russian intelligence officers and he clearly states that did not find a link to Trump for now. TBH don’t think they’ll ever find a link since this investigation was started with manipulation from Christopher Steele from the beginning, without any evidence for Trump Russia collusion to even start it so investigation shouldn’t have ever happened at all and just a waste of time and money.

Last edited by SG854,

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again though back to my point. if it has nothing to do with him, why should he care? why make it a spectacle every time Muellers name is brought up and more importantly if people are meddling and he is so clean it should no issue to let the our justice system do its thing.
he has not been accused of jack so why make himself look suspicious by doing a disservice?

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
Reactions: Xzi

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
again though back to my point. if it has nothing to do with him, why should he care? why make it a spectacle every time Muellers name is brought up and more importantly if people are meddling and he is so clean it should no issue to let the our justice system do its thing.
he has not been accused of jack so why make himself look suspicious by doing a disservice?
I’m not saying not investigate Trump, I’m saying they are probably not going to find much since the whole thing reeks of manipulation from the begining.

And Foreign Countries influence elections all the time. It’s common. United States alone tried to influnce other countries elections at least 80 times since world war 2. Russia 36 times.

Russia may have likely influence the election, so, what of it. You can also argue Israel also tried to influence the 2016 election. Clinton’s top 6 super pac donors were all Jewish, being involved in pro Israel efforts, donating 37 million dollars. Is anyone going to bother investigating this?

Hilary herself is caught on tape endorsing rigging the Palestinian election, which is super hypocritical of her complaining how Russia rigged the election against her. Are people going to ignore this fact being thrown out there?

This whole thing started because they want to try to bust Trump and try to get Hillary in. Lots of people have this selective focus on Trump and ignoring other politicians.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This whole thing started because they want to try to bust Trump and try to get Hillary in. Lots of people have this selective focus on Trump and ignoring other politicians.
Ever stop to think that maybe there's a focus on Trump because he's not like any other past or present politician? Do you think Hillary would have won the election after having a party bus tape revealed where she says, "grab 'em by the dick?" Have other presidents attacked gold star families and skipped WW1 remembrance services because there was a little rain outside?

The list of questions could go on infinitely, but I think you get the point. Trump doesn't know how to govern, lead, or unite us as a country. He's a conman first and foremost, and so far it's looking like his administration will have passed one piece of legislation in a four year term. That's a failure by any standard, but obviously you're never going to hear Trump or his supporters own up to that reality.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: KingVamp

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Ever stop to think that maybe there's a focus on Trump because he's not like any other past or present politician? Do you think Hillary would have won the election after having a party bus tape revealed where she says, "grab 'em by the dick?" Have other presidents attacked gold star families and skipped WW1 remembrance services because there was a little rain outside?

The list of questions could go on infinitely, but I think you get the point. Trump doesn't know how to govern, lead, or unite us as a country. He's a conman first and foremost, and so far it's looking like his administration will have passed one piece of legislation in a four year term. That's a failure by any standard, but obviously you're never going to hear Trump or his supporters own up to that reality.
Those are actual things to complain about Trump. Just not this Russia thing. He even flat out said he pays people to do stuff for him.

That’s the thing about Trump, he says things in an Autistic way without any filter. Remember when both the Democratic Party and Republicans were against him during the election. He was always anti establishment from the beginning, because he was part of the establishment he knew what goes on and was acting as whistleblower.

He just says things that people avoided because they’re uncomfortable topics that people don’t have the answer to or because of some corrupt thing they did. Both parties hated him for that.

And Trump was never the man to lead or say anything smart and be a deep thinker. Him becoming president and exposing the ridiculousness of the political circus is his role.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He just says things that people avoided because they’re uncomfortable topics that people don’t have the answer to or because of some corrupt thing they did. Both parties hated him for that.

And Trump was never the man to lead or say anything smart and be a deep thinker. Him becoming president and exposing the ridiculousness of the political circus is his role.
Until he came on the scene, there was nothing that had ever been as ridiculous in the political circus as Trump. He didn't expose anything new to the political world, he just came up with a bunch of asinine three-word catchphrases and didn't follow through on the promises implicit in any of them. The swamp is fuller than ever, the wall isn't built or in progress, we have an anti-science climate change denier at the head of the EPA, and a criminal under FBI investigation as acting AG.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Like always the recent reports about Trumps Connections to Russia are fake News. And it’s just News outlets creating click baits to make money. Their evidence turns out to be nothing. The usual. Always happens. They act like they got something but it’s nothing. It’s a non stop cycle. At this point you would think people would start to get it.

The dossier has been discredited many times. We know it was paid by Hillary Clinton for this fake investigation. Assange was never a secret agent of Russia, and they are trying to crucify him.

We are seriously suppose to believe that Trump is a secret Russian spy for Putin. That Putin made him president to secretly infiltrate U.S. politics for Russia’s evil plan. It’s a complete joke. People that believe that should be laughed at. There’s is just too much evidence against that. It’s obvious.

This dumb investigation has gone too long. Either get rid of Trump or don’t. Just get rid of him already, they supposedly have solid evidence against him. So what are they waiting for? Impeach him already, we are sick of all this waiting. At this rate he’s going to finish his 4 years before any impeachment happens. Either do it or not. They don’t because they have no ties to Russia against him. People should just drop this Russia thing and focus on the other stupid things Trump does. There’s plenty of that.

This video says it best on this Russia Trump thing.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Like always the recent reports about Trumps Connections to Russia are fake News.
How many indictments and convictions for people close to Trump does it take before it becomes real? I guess you'd need to live in reality before acknowledging something as real was possible, though.

This dumb investigation has gone too long.
And it'll keep going as long as it needs to. It paid for itself already, so there's really no downside to that.

The dossier has been discredited many times.
Another point in the dossier was just proven true yesterday when we found out Trump was trying to pull us out of NATO. Not a single point from it has been proven as false thus far.

So what are they waiting for? Impeach him already
If I had to guess, they're waiting for the tempter tantrum to end so government can re-open. Also the Mueller report, although plenty of other investigations are happening simultaneously now too.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay