Hacking TrustZoneHax on 3.x and below

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's nothing wrong with suggesting to update to 3.0...
If and when NAND redirection is released (from the apparently lone Switch hacker and developer with the correct perspective and priorities...) and the people who weren't duped into updating to 3.0.0 will then be able to purchase and play titles that have been released outside of the ~6 month launch window, then you'll understand. This isn't even about piracy people. It won't be a Switch, and it won't even be a good platform for homebrew code.
At the same time though that's not to say that you're not going to want a second console anyway, because it's a fair assumption they're going to find ways to ban.

Reactions: peteruk

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If and when NAND redirection is released (from the apparently lone Switch hacker and developer with the correct perspective and priorities...) and the people who weren't duped into updating to 3.0.0 will then be able to purchase and play titles that have been released outside of the ~6 month launch window, then you'll understand. This isn't even about piracy people. It won't be a Switch, and it won't even be a good platform for homebrew code.
At the same time though that's not to say that you're not going to want a second console anyway, because it's a fair assumption they're going to find ways to ban.

Nintendo and ban policies are laughable at best.
They did shit about cheaters on the DS and Wii, didn't do much outside of maybe 2 small banwaves on the 3DS? Wii U, didn't do shit.
I'm sure the Switch will be no different then those when it comes to Nintendo banning people.

Besides, nobody is forcing you to update nor is anybody forcing you hack it.
It's your own choice to do so.

And generally, if you want to be safe and mess around with homebrew, get a second console.
There's no harm in that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW doesn't automatically mean piracy. Many like myself want to be able to use homebrew on lower firmware, while being able to play physically purchased games that require higher firmware. That being said it's undeniable that a large majority are hungry for warez, but it's a little rude to box all of them together.
People forget that, excluding Gateway, the first emuNAND solutions for the 3DS did not facilitate piracy. The purpose of rxTools emuNAND at the time was to be able to have homebrew while also being able to play newer games. It wasn't until much later that rxTools became a true CFW where piracy was possible.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
People forget that, excluding Gateway, the first emuNAND solutions for the 3DS did not facilitate piracy. The purpose of rxTools emuNAND at the time was to be able to have homebrew while also being able to play newer games. It wasn't until much later that rxTools became a true CFW where piracy was possible.

I have said this a few times. This is the solution i want. Hbl eshop dlc and online play on 1.0

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Those "yahoos" don't care for piracy.
They want to implement stable homebrew platform for everyone to enjoy.
Not for pirate kiddies to satisfy their need.

Besides, you got a choice to update or not, hell you even got the choice to go for homebrew or not.
Don't go blame them for your mistakes.
No mistake was made by my part believe me. I always stick to the lowest firmware unless something actually comes out. No "jump to X and stay there" will sway me unless actual code had been given out.

I didn't make my post to sound entitle or anything btw. The yahoos were called as such because they should have known better than to encourage people to update when if you've been following the scene since the wii, the lower is always the better, whether it is for piracy or just plain Homebrew, unless people legitimately come out with something on an specific version (what happened with the wii u) and release it. Didn't say they didn't know what they were talking about mind you. I'm aware they know what they are talking about and some have even contributed to the community by actually posting on the wiki.

Last edited by Sephirosu,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to all those people saying, "Update to 3.0" for softmodding...

FUCKING SUCK IT! I TOLD YOU AND YOU TRIED CALLING ME AN IDIOT ON MY THREAD FUCKING QUOTING HIM SAYING SPECIFICALLY NOT TO UPDATE TO 3.0 IF YOU'RE ON 2.X!

SUCK IT SUCK IT SUUUUUUUCK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEET!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

... Sorry that was overboard. I'm just proud of myself and I rarely get a chance to be like, "I was right, you were wrong!" :P

Love you guys, even though you were wrong! And I was right... and you were wrong... :P

I'd rather have be *hax* than fucking *Jailbreak*. That term is overly used more than ever to stuff it does not apply to.
I love you.

"Get on 3.0" They said.... "Stay on 3.0" They said...! Did they lie to us?!

If 3.0 won't get Trustzonehax as well soon I will be angry!!!
Naw ma8. Lotta people said not to and they called out those ignorant moron people for saying "go to 3.0!". Which is also why I've tried making threads about it, and being harsh with it, and shoving it down peoples' throats; to stay on 2.x if you're already there.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
So to all those people saying, "Update to 3.0" for softmodding...

FUCKING SUCK IT! I TOLD YOU AND YOU TRIED CALLING ME AN IDIOT ON MY THREAD FUCKING QUOTING HIM SAYING SPECIFICALLY NOT TO UPDATE TO 3.0 IF YOU'RE ON 2.X!

SUCK IT SUCK IT SUUUUUUUCK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEET!

... Sorry that was overboard. I'm just proud of myself and I rarely get a chance to be like, "I was right, you were wrong!" :P

Love you guys, even though you were wrong! And I was right... and you were wrong... :P

I love you.

Naw ma8. Lotta people said not to and they called out those ignorant moron people for saying "go to 3.0!". Which is also why I've tried making threads about it, and being harsh with it, and shoving it down peoples' throats; to stay on 2.x if you're already there.
The 2.x news was too late for most people. As was your thread. But given we currently have nothing released on 2.X I'd say your celebration is still a little premature.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2.x news was too late for most people. As was your thread. But given we currently have nothing released on 2.X I'd say your celebration is still a little premature.
It really wasn't though. It was just overcrowded my moronic fucktards screaming, "UPDATE!". And I've been saying it for a while now, as have many others. So I don't think it's late at all.

And naw it's not premature at all. SciresM said to SPECIFICALLY stay on 2.x instead of upgrading to 3.0, meaning there's a reason for that... and now we've found that it's trustzone. So I don't see at all how it's premature in any respect.

By the way, that aside... I LOVE your username :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It really wasn't though. It was just overcrowded my moronic fucktards screaming, "UPDATE!". And I've been saying it for a while now, as have many others. So I don't think it's late at all.

And naw it's not premature at all. SciresM said to SPECIFICALLY stay on 2.x instead of upgrading to 3.0, meaning there's a reason for that... and now we've found that it's trustzone. So I don't see at all how it's premature in any respect.

General rule of thumb is to stay as low as possible. Those moronic -sic- screaming "update" aren't entirely wrong, either. Time will tell what our options are.

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General rule of thumb is to stay as low as possible. Those moronic -sic- screaming "update" aren't entirely wrong, either. Time will tell what our options are.

Question. What firmware are you on? (I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm actually just wondering! What homebrew, etc. are you excited for?)

Is there something in the water tonight?
Why is everyone acting so weird?
Have you seen how I act...?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Question. What firmware are you on? (I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm actually just wondering! What homebrew, etc. are you excited for?)

Have you seen how I act...?
I'm on 4.1.. I intentionally updated because I have my reasons. When I get access to homebrew, I'm hoping for a Wii-like Quake port with gyroscope controls.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country

But it was 3 of the other Devs that said get on 3.0, stay on 3.0. so I think ignorant morons may have gone too far ;).

Don't remember where the username came from, I was Slick50 on IRC some 20 years ago, but it was taken on a few forums so I had to 'switch'

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1.. I intentionally updated because I have my reasons. When I get access to homebrew, I'm hoping for a Wii-like Quake port with gyroscope controls.
Not judging! - And oh that would be so cool! I'm so excited for almost everything! Haha! I'm hoping somehow, at least as a legit game, we'll get a game akin to Lego Dimensions, or a Lego Doctor Who game. I know LD is done with, but I lost my damn Doctor dimensions figure haha!

But it was 3 of the other Devs that said get on 3.0, stay on 3.0. so I think ignorant morons may have gone too far ;).

Don't remember where the username came from, I was Slick50 on IRC some 20 years ago, but it was taken on a few forums so I had to 'switch'
You're right. That was likely way too far, I apologize! I keep forgetting that other devs said that haha! Sorry you updated man :/

Reactions: Kioku

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're an odd one. No doubt about that. Haha

It's not just you. That other thread got out of hand and nearly left the stratosphere.
I was trying to be kind and sensible, but felt like I was arguing with a species from Uranus.
That's me! :) Haha!

And I'm sorry hahaha! Yeah people can be fun... sometimes. LOL!

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Not judging! - And oh that would be so cool! I'm so excited for almost everything! Haha! I'm hoping somehow, at least as a legit game, we'll get a game akin to Lego Dimensions, or a Lego Doctor Who game. I know LD is done with, but I lost my damn Doctor dimensions figure haha!

You're right. That was likely way too far, I apologize! I keep forgetting that other devs said that haha! Sorry you updated man :/
I'm not concerned with updating. I simply enjoy modding. But I've been around long enough to see how quickly the scene can move! I started hard modding with the original Xbox and PS2 so I'm all good ;)

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7