Hacking Trying to start Last of Us for months now

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as topic says, i'm trying to get The Last of Us (vanilla, no dlc) to run for almost a year now. (working on it on and off every few months because I get PO'd and go play something else)

Originally, I had one of the releases for 3.55 (I think) and for a week or so could not get it past the "last of us" loading logo on the lower right side. FINALLY, I got it to work and played it on and off and then the 'left behind' dlc came out......Updated the game, installed that, applied fixes and .....nothing....it went back to the 'endless logo' and I gave up again for a couple months.

I ended up purging the game from the internal HDD, wiped all game update and content files (except save files) Put the release back on the internal HDD, and have tried just about every combination of multiman menu choices and such but still on that logo again. (I'm not even trying to get the DLC, just vanilla game to work) That large pak file is split into smaller 1gb pieces, in it's own folder btw. (but I heard that shouldn't be the reason for this endless logo error)

Now, i'm on the most recent/almost recent Rebug version, (cfw on 4.40 I believe) and I replaced the EBOOT and PARAM file with the originals ones. (and have also tried using the alt_eboot without any luck) Even tried the settings restore trick, and that didn't do anything.
....I KNOW that the game content I have is good because it USED to work, and I used the same backup files I had stored for the last year or so to transfer it back on the ps3, from a large flash drive.

Am I doing any steps wrong? Another weird thing is before I updated Rebug/multiman, when I loaded a game, in the XMB I could scroll up and would see the disc (if I had a disc in the drive) with the game 'loaded' on it, and also a 2nd game icon under it. So I would see 2 "last of us" games in the list. (with one being on the Blueray disc)
Now, I only see the game being on the disc. That 2nd option is gone now. Just not sure if that's good or bad.

Thanks for any help!

D

Deleted User

Unless you have a reason to be on a FW that low, just use the 4.70 Rebug, then there's no resigning of eboot needed.

Though TBH, using Cobra and ISO is so much easier than trying to fiddle with BD-EMU/Game disc and the like.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a reason to be on a FW that low, just use the 4.70 Rebug, then there's no resigning of eboot needed.

Though TBH, using Cobra and ISO is so much easier than trying to fiddle with BD-EMU/Game disc and the like.

But cobra is some kinda dongle fw bypass right?

And I think I didn't say the right version. I'm pretty sure I have 4.70 rebug, since I just updated it like a week ago for getting on psn for my vita.

Last edited by Bonovox40,

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. This is weird now. I updated multi man to 4.70.02 base, and now I can't get ANY games to load whatsoever in multiman. (Games installed under the game list in xmb work fine)
When I boot up, it shows rebug before the PS warning message, and all looks normal. I have package manager and sen enabler etc available.... anytime i load a game in MM, it shows a "no event" or something as it goes back to xmb....Wtf happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/REYUkC1bW_w?si=pJohDadLHZsKeV0C