• Likes 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you said falcon board right that sounds familiar.....xbox360? and quick question @SciresM can the Tsec attack with another hax be used on ipatched units? just curious

Falcon, in this context, is a specific, proprietary and entirely custom architecture made and kept fairly secret by nVidia. It had to be manually reverse engineered. It's mostly present in nVidia GPUs in order to enforce DRM.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to sound rude but obvious is obvious. If you want real help this is the wrong place. You can easily find the IRC and Discord channels but i bet you found that out by yourself already.

Reactions: WiiHomebrew+Snes

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things:
  1. People have already cracked TSEC at the hardware level.
  2. The aforementioned exploits affect all Falcon v5 based controllers.
  3. Anybody can use sept to deal with TSEC without needing to actually crack TSEC nor possess the keys.
For these reasons and more, there's no reason to worry about cracking TSEC, unless you're TX and don't want to have to include the Atmosphere logo attached to sept because your business model necessitates ignorance of free custom firmwares. Because of that, you're unlikely to find much help here.
And again with your ignorance thing . do you really think that the people who have sxos only know about that one ? Really ?

Last edited by ombus,

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about
if you read what Lacius said :
For these reasons and more, there's no reason to worry about cracking TSEC, unless you're TX and don't want to have to include the Atmosphere logo attached to sept because your business model necessitates ignorance of free custom firmwares. Because of that, you're unlikely to find much help here.
I find it hard to believe that he think people who use sxos will not know any other os.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you read what Lacius said :

I find it hard to believe that he think people who use sxos will not know any other os.
I did not catch that at first. Youre right the sx os users on their forum sure know that it has been done already. They probably will just bite the bullet and use the splash screen, in the announcement try to play it off as a collaboration.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not catch that at first. Youre right the sx os users on their forum sure know that it has been done already. They probably will just bite the bullet and use the splash screen, in the announcement try to play it off as a collaboration.
i think we are talking about different things here...

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
This seems like the most probable. Eventually they will go for a low hanging fruit rather than none at all.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
See my post above. What you're asking only serves to do one or more of the following:
  1. Give TX a way to bypass sept so they don't reveal to their customers that free CFW is available.
  2. Make an exploit public, causing it to be consumed if/when Nintendo releases a hardware revision.
  3. Make an exploit public that doesn't just apply to the Switch, causing security issues for various products and people.
If you really want to do this for fun, even though we have sept, do so in a more private setting.
and 4. this topic shows how desperate TX is and tries to fool tempers to hack Sept for Tx.

PSA: anyone can use Sept on FW 7+, cauz it's open source and shows Sept logo when it boots up, TX is the only want to hack it and remove the Sept logo so their customers won't know there's FREE CFW for switch.

Nice try TX and underestimate MOAR tempers IQ @_Bison_

Last edited by leon315,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is a rather obvious TX employee thread. Your motivation just simply doesn’t make sense. Why would anyone want to work on this just for fun? What is there to gain from working on this? Why work on this when Sept already exists? Equally, why should anyone even trust you with such unclear motives? Realistically, the only people who would actually gain anything from this is the TX team and that’s it. There’s really not much that an average user can gain from this.
Mind if I ask you a few questions about TSEC?
How very subtle of you

Last edited by The Catboy,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wow.. i dont know where people get that those who use sxos not know there is others cfw ? did they block the internet or what ? you put cfw nintendo switch and you get atmosphere first !..

atmosphere users dont know the xci, usb, emunand features that sxos have. see ? ridiculous.

It's crystal clear that TX doesn't want the existence of OTHER free CFW.
beside no one care of XCI when u can install nsp, usb is pointeless for a portable console, tx 's shitty emunand will get you banned so it's an useless feature too.

so it's obvious because there are a lot of ignorant asians like chinese, s.korean and japanese, those majority don't speak english and their rely local tx retailer to pirate games for them.

This is a rather obvious TX employee thread. Your motivation just simply doesn’t make sense. Why would anyone want to work on this just for fun? What is there to gain from working on this? Why work on this when Sept already exists? Equally, why should anyone even trust you with such unclear motives? Realistically, the only people who would actually gain anything from this is the TX team and that’s it. There’s really not much that an average user can gain from this.
or even worse: he's ninty's employee and wan ts to know the UNPATCHED exploit in new Mariko Switches!

Last edited by leon315,

Goffrier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so much hate on someone that tries to hack something xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe he wants to contribute to this scene

Goffrier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but isn't this entirely SciresM's motivation? Doing it for fun? :o
apparently not everybody can hack tsec for fun

if they do that and ask for help on gbatemp they get alot of hate and they are treated as a tx dev

and @_Bison_ you can come on ReiSwitched as this server is so much more opened to little devs like you that want to do something with their mind

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay but isn't this entirely SciresM's motivation? Doing it for fun? :o
I don’t know SciresM‘s motivations, but he’s already proven to be someone who can be trusted and there’s no reason to question his motivations. What I am getting at is, is that the OP’s reason just seems obtuse and isn’t really convinving. “Just for fun” doesn’t explain why others should invest their time and efforts into this project when one already exists. This challenge doesn’t fill any needs that would help anyone other than the TX team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.