Homebrew TubeHax 10.3?

D

Deleted-236924

It is a vulnerability that allow using YouTube app as web browser and hopefully triggering an exploit.
When there is a system update most likely the previous payload won't work, and if gspwn isn't patched, smea can update the payloads like he always do.
While it may be a vulnerability in the broad sense of the term, in that it allows you to go do stuff that weren't intended to be possible, it isn't a vulnerability that would allow you to run the hax payloads.

Last edited by ,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They can still patch entry points like they did with tubehax, browserhax and themehax. Cart exploit sounds promising, but we don't know it won't be be patched by 100%
They can only patch entrypoints, kernel vulns and service vulns. However, cartridges games can't be updated permanently, without releasing a new revision.

chaoszerobillion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I figured that out back in 2013, the day after its European release (published my findings two days later, on 30 Nov '13). http://3dspaint.com/memberblog.php?blog=92107

Good on you for discovering it independently, though. ^.^

Also, to clear up any confusion, I did some tests back then and the YT app gets weirded out when you feed it anything other than an MP4/3GP that came from YouTube. Also, max resolution it can realistically handle is 360p, and it just can't decode over 854x480. I spent ages messing with FFMpeg and MP4Box to try and get non-YouTube videos to work but to no avail, sadly. This was in an attempt to get BBC iPlayer on the 3DS. Made it work on the New 3DS browser, though, since it can actually handle standard H.264/AAC videos, and even Live TV via HLS. (Still max 854x480) Also, it can play MP3/AAC audio but not via the <audio> tag - <video> works though!

I also got Twitch working on the New 3DS, too.

See sig for links. vvvv
That's weird, when I used it i could use kissanime and stuff on it. It uses 3gp.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
If we find another browserhax for O3DS then in theory that would work in the YT app. ^.^
No it wouldn't. The YouTube app only browses videos (even if there's a "browser") for Tubehax you're pretty much redirecting the YouTube application's connecting to the Tubehax DNS while activating a vuln. Browserhax uses a WebKit exploit

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it wouldn't. The YouTube app only browses videos (even if there's a "browser") for Tubehax you're pretty much redirecting the YouTube application's connecting to the Tubehax DNS while activating a vuln. Browserhax uses a WebKit exploit
The YouTube app (along with the Miiverse applet) actually uses an identical browser component as the standard "spider" O3DS browser.

The YouTube app has only three differences to the standard browser - it has a video playback component embedded in it (presumably provided by the system as it is used by the Netflix app too afaik, though I'm in the UK so can't vouch for that), it uses a custom font and has a custom, stripped-back UI.

The Miiverse app is different in that it sends a client SSL certificate to Nintendo's Miiverse server for authentication and again, ha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If they made another browserhax for newer 3DS firmwares then why not just use browserhax directly :P
Just because we can xD

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
The YouTube app (along with the Miiverse applet) actually uses an identical browser component as the standard "spider" O3DS browser.

The YouTube app has only three differences to the standard browser - it has a video playback component embedded in it (presumably provided by the system as it is used by the Netflix app too afaik, though I'm in the UK so can't vouch for that), it uses a custom font and has a custom, stripped-back UI.

The Miiverse app is different in that it sends a client SSL certificate to Nintendo's Miiverse server for authentication and again, ha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just because we can xD
Again, we are better off getting browserhax back instead of reviving Tubehax ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...