Turn back to old gbatemp

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I don't like this new way. When I post it, it loading to post. I never see this like that. Other forum website is simple way. Post it and that it. Not loading post to set the post. I want this website turn back to old. I don't like new look and stuff. It really annoying. Whatever who create this website, I want turn it back to old. Where is perfectly and smooth. No lagging, no ad pop up, and no loading post. It really waste my time because it too much memory for post loading, lagging, and ad pop up. Change it back to old one please. Thank if you do. :D

Reactions: 1 person

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hee hee. What I tell you? Every time they get new, they are really annoying. You will see soon enough many people will complain.
Hee hee yah! they usually get slower, and it's annoying. but after things are fixed, you will see soon enough, it'll get faster.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is this site loading EXTREMELY slow for some of you as well? I've hardly visited because loading the homepage takes about 10 seconds alone
Give the admins time to fix the bugs. They're hard at work addressing these issues, so rest assured it will get better.

Reactions: 2 people

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Times change, dude. Out with the old, in with the new.

I'm pretty sure most people are having a hard time getting used to the changes, but we just have to live with it. Like others said, reverting back will only throw away all of the hard work that the staff put into this site.
But I like color theme like white.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
too much complaining.... why not "suggest" instead of "complain"

instead of saying "new temp sux, i want the old one back!"
why not "after you finish cleaning up, can you please bring the old themes back? i like them more."

Reactions: 1 person

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too much complaining.... why not "suggest" instead of "complain"

instead of saying "new temp sux, i want the old one back!"
why not "after you finish cleaning up, can you please bring the old themes back? i like them more."
Well I take it from your instead mine. :P Anyway I am not really good for everything. I just do what I can do. By the way, I hate grammar stuff.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only complaints are the load times, which are extremely sluggish at points, and the fact that blogs are no longer included in the Recent Posts box on the homepage. However, I have full faith in Costello and tj_cool to get this all sorted out in due time and a compromise made that can make a majority of the members here happy. Till then, I guess I'll just deal with it! :D

if you want the site to be faster, then you need to accept the ads
the ads provide the revenue, and if everyone accepts the ads and click them enough, we will have enough to afford an extra server to handle the load.
but if everyone hides them, blocks them, cries every time they see a banner, then there's no revenue for the site, there's no money for servers, so the site will just get slower.

Costello, not that I have the money right now (kinda strapped for cash, plus driving out of state to visit my girlfriend in a week...), but is there a way I can donate a few bucks here or there to the site? A PayPal or something? It's not going to be anything ground breaking, 5 bucks or so every once in a while, but I figure everything helps. I disabled ad-block plus and noscript on gbatemp and still no ads are showing up... I thought that adsense ads showed up at least, even for members, but I am getting nothing at all o.o Yeah, I would like a way to give back to the community that has helped me out with my interests.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be pretty pissed if we switch to the old version now. This version looks so sleek, like a new iPod, or a new black DS lite. lol Anyways, ad blocker does not let any ads through, so I couldn't care less what you do with the ads.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only issue ive seen is that some/all smileys dont work?
- in old posts its possible some (all?) smileys dont show up. can/will be fixed.
- in new posts they should all work, except some of the ones we used to have were lost during the upgrade, as far as i know.

Wait what? D: :tpi: :mthr: :creep: :rofl2: :unsure: :yay: :yaynds: :grog: :hrth: :wtf: :rolleyes: :cry: :sp: :nds: :psp:

EDIT: All good here! :toot:

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I really like the new design a lot, and all the features that come with it. Only thing I dislike is the placement of the ads, and the frequencie that they close for me.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
It's very awkward, especially on a mobile device. Posting in mobile mode is almost impossible, posting in normal mode is literally impossible. It's also a bloated systems hog, runs like crap on my netbook with all its fancy sliding and fading animations and the topic list doesn't display properly in IE, with the topic icons only half showing because the column they're in is too thin.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The pop-up banner 'close' button doesn't work in some browsers for me. Although they're made less annoying at work because the banners are blocked by my company's web filter as being hosted on an unsafe site so I never see them

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's very awkward, especially on a mobile device. Posting in mobile mode is almost impossible, posting in normal mode is literally impossible. It's also a bloated systems hog, runs like crap on my netbook with all its fancy sliding and fading animations and the topic list doesn't display properly in IE, with the topic icons only half showing because the column they're in is too thin.
Runs okay on my netbook (Firefox), though I don't have many tabs open but when I do go on a tab spree, I tend to forget GBAtemp is even open.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls