Hacking {TUT} Transferring your saves between backup launcher theta and Xi

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Yes.. I realized that after I did it. The only reason I did that in the first place was because I was unsure of which parts to change. I know that each save file needs different parts to be changed, but if someone could give me a general idea I would appreciate it.

I think it's only the first 5 bytes. and the filename as well.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I tried changing the ID to match the correct save but it still said corrupt..

This is the correct save file:
GG4E08ÿGG4E_GOT
CHA_FORCE_USA
......................2áò...@

And this is the old one:
GG4E08ÿGG4E_GOT
CHA_FORCE_USA
.......................2È[...@

I tried to change the .......................2È[...@ part but when I played the game, it still said it was corrupt.

Rainy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zaiga said:
Okay, I tried changing the ID to match the correct save but it still said corrupt..

This is the correct save file:
GG4E08ÿGG4E_GOT
CHA_FORCE_USA
......................2áò...@

And this is the old one:
GG4E08ÿGG4E_GOT
CHA_FORCE_USA
.......................2È[...@

I tried to change the .......................2È[...@ part but when I played the game, it still said it was corrupt.

Can you send me your save via PM, ill try.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's okay, Rainy. I gave up.. I've already beaten it once, so I think I'm done playing it. Thanks for everybody's help though.

11811a

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SilverSurfR said:
11811a said:
super mario sunshine working fine going to try a few more

GROAN...cant edit pikmin 2 file to large to edit in the free version of winhex are there any other free hex programs to fix the saves with

Google "freeware hex editor". There are some options, but I found HxD and think it's pretty good. Perhaps it should be linked in the first post in lieu of the shareware WinHex, if there's the possibility of many people running up against it's free version limitations.

thanks

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
linkinworm said:
never had these problems with waninkokos code

And that should help us poor mortals who choose to use Wiigator code?

Back on topic. Nor Nugasa or GCMM works... I don't know how, but 1 year ago I've managed to backup my saves with nugasa... Now it simply doesn't work.

Well, a friend of mine is going to buy a third party memory card, so I'll simply transfer my saves and then hex edit them.

p4thf1nd3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to edit the save file on an Official GameCube Memory Card using GCMM - I think some official Nintendo Memory card saves can be modified.

cerebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I managed to make the change, the save game works since I can load my old game BUT:

when I go look at my save game with the wii menu, there's no more icon or name for the save game when I click it it shows only the erase option and this |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| weird but it works

so what would need to be change to have the icon back?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do this with an official Nintendo Mem card but thats because I happen to have a Gamecube with homebrew capabilities ready to go to upload and download the save files from.
smile.gif
Either way nice work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol