Hacking [TUTO] Install permanent PS4 themes

Ishac-sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi everyone,I recently found a way to install permanent themes so you don't need to reinstall them after every shutdown
You'll need psDLC and an official ps4 theme (I don't know if I can give links so just google psDLC and download themes from extreme-modding)
-Download the theme you want to have, for example "Until Dawn" in pkg format.It must be an official pkg (not fpkg) so after installing it with debug settings,if you try to apply it ,it will just tell you that you need a licence
-Run psDLC and write the CUSA of your theme ,a list will appear of dlc unlockers ,click on the theme dlc you have downloaded then create the fpkg
Now you have 2 pkgs,the official theme and the dlc unlocker (which should weight around 128ko)
-In your PS4 install the dlc unlocker pkg of your theme THEN the official theme. And now it should work !
Even after shutting down your ps4 the theme will remain

I am not the creator of any of the used tools and I apologize if this is already something known,I am not taking credit for anything
Also excuse me for my bad english i'm not a native speaker and I hope this small tutorial will help you

Ishac-sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
PS2 animated themes? Didn't even know they existed but like I said I just discovered this trick and I haven't tried anything apart from installing ps4 official themes

Just what the hell are ps2 animated themes? x:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it is not a theme you can download on the PSN then I'm pretty sure it can't work

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS2 animated themes? Didn't even know they existed but like I said I just discovered this trick and I haven't tried anything apart from installing ps4 official themes

Just what the hell are ps2 animated themes? x:

If it is not a theme you can download on the PSN then I'm pretty sure it can't work

It’s the legacy theme which is downloadable on PSN: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA07875_00-PSLEGACYTHEME001

Demo:

If I could get this installed perma I would be so happy :)

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I only have the fpkg for a theme, this method doesn't work? I'm looking everywhere for the legit pkg theme but no site has it...

and for those of you wondering - i'm looking for the ff7 midgar theme. I currently have it as fpkg but have to reapply every boot.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had trouble using psDLC? I'm using the latest release, 11, and the only buttons I can access are "Get DLC List" and the CUSA entry box. There's no other buttons and when the list comes up I can't seem to do anything else.

Last edited by SyphenFreht,

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried with the 20th Anniversary theme. I thought this was a Dynamic theme, but after entering the CUSA info into psDLC(v12) I only find a "Static" version in the list.

After selecting the theme in the list and hitting "Create fakepkg" I get the following error:
Code:
[Error]   Format of the project file is not valid. (<volume_ts>)

It creates a folder named fake_dlc_pkg, but there are no contents.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prebuilt pkg themes aren’t working for me either. Is it a case of the previously activated console is needed again?

Mine has never been online, never been activated.

Neither legacy ps2 or 20th anniversary pax themes work for me, says I need to visit PSN store and a dns is required(?)

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@KiiWii prebuilt themes seem to work just fine for me. My PS4 has never been activated or had a PSN tied to it. So that shouldn’t be the problem.

I installed a handfull yesterday.
Note: Two of them (Legacy, and Rectangular) gave me an error while installing the «installfirst» files. But after installing the second file they seem to work.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii prebuilt themes seem to work just fine for me. My PS4 has never been activated or had a PSN tied to it. So that shouldn’t be the problem.

I installed a handfull yesterday.
Note: Two of them (Legacy, and Rectangular) gave me an error while installing the «installfirst» files. But after installing the second file they seem to work.

Hmm, well mine didn’t give any errors until I tried apply the theme. Then it gives a similar error as trying to play a fpkg game without running hen first...

I will try from another source.

smichal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice!

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to do that with game pkgs to see what happens :)
(Although probably nothing)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to do that with game pkgs to see what happens :)
(Although probably nothing)

I know this is an old thread, but it won't work with game packages. I have the dragon quest metal slime theme on my system. the theme will relock itself if you change themes, so you'll have to install the fix again. I'm thinking that themes use a generic, free license. I know on the ps3 I've successfully guessed the klicense of a theme (it was the free klicense). I'm assuming that's what's happening with the ps4 and themes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to create your own unlocker, but it's very easy to do. I did that for the theme I'm using, but as I said, it would go back to locked if you change themes. the theme will be permanent otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1