ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit the HomeMenu

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, this come with windows.
Try to reinstall dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe, and if it doesn't work, then sorry a can't help you, maybe someone else will.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm all I know about cryptofix is that you can do it with new FBI installer, but I don't remember the option. I think it has a 'seed' in the option.
It gives an download error for system .cia files works only with game .cia files. Is there a website where I can download those "seeds" what ever they are?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I love my system settings now
1464649294-3ds.jpg

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. What did you do then? Because there are multiple ways to do so succesfully.
the tut it's self is broken part1 and part 2 need to be edited to fit the region you editing , which i did i then started editing with MsbtEditor after of course decompressing the extracted menu_msbt_LZ after i did everything , i compressed it replaced it with the old menu_msbt_LZ and repacked everything with part2, encrypted the cia , and installed it via fbi , and just rebooted and it bricked.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
the tut it's self is broken part1 and part 2 need to be edited to fit the region you editing , which i did i then started editing with MsbtEditor after of course decompressing the extracted menu_msbt_LZ after i did everything , i compressed it replaced it with the old menu_msbt_LZ and repacked everything with part2, encrypted the cia , and installed it via fbi , and just rebooted and it bricked.
First I'm going to suggest you use this tool instead of Part1.bat and Part2.bat because it's simply better.
I don't really get what exactly you did with the menu.msbt but if you replaced the japanese one with a us/eu one it won't work.
Possible ways:
Manually translate the menu.msbt
Replace the header of a eu/us HomeMenu with the japanese header, use a RegionFree patch and install it.

The may be a way to do msbt replacements from the other region, but it would require adaptions.

D

Deleted User

Normal.
D9 Decrypt the file itself. It doesn't generate any decrypted file
Well... what do I put in the homemenu edition folder? The same cia? I tried it and opened part 1 and it gave me SystemApp.0000. Is that the file I open?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Decompress your message_EU_LZ.bin (LZ11)
Extract it using darctool.exe, and repack it once edited.
I don't see where is the problem.
Or send me your file, tell me what you want chang, and I will re-send you it

D

Deleted User

Decompress your message_EU_LZ.bin (LZ11)
Extract it using darctool.exe, and repack it once edited.
I don't see where is the problem.
Or send me your file, tell me what you want chang, and I will re-send you it
Are you talking to me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters