Hacking [Tutorial] Setting up CFW on N3DS After Downgrading

Haise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a non-gateway tutorial? I don't own one. And I'm almost positive that won't work without one.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
No offense to op. But why did you put this thread in this section? Shouldn't a thread like this be in the flashcart & CFW section?

You're certainly not the only one who has been posted in the wrong subforum. Last week's this previous nice homebrew & emulators section has been spammed by downgrading, cfw, hacks etc. This is not the right place imo!

Have a good day, sir :P

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense to op. But why did you put this thread in this section? Shouldn't a thread like this be in the flashcart & CFW section?

You're certainly not the only one who has been posted in the wrong subforum. Last week's this previous nice homebrew & emulators section has been spammed by downgrading, cfw, hacks etc. This is not the right place imo!

Have a good day, sir :P
I just realized this, oops! ;-;

Reactions: SLiV3R

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a non-gateway tutorial? I don't own one. And I'm almost positive that won't work without one.
You should be able to use the gateway tool without an actual gateway cart, but you could try the emunand9 tool in the HB launcher to set up emunand as an alternative to using the gateway tool.

Haise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to use the gateway tool without an actual gateway cart, but you could try the emunand9 tool in the HB launcher to set up emunand as an alternative to using the gateway tool.
I tried the gateway tool and got a black screen. I'll try your suggestion.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I just realized this, oops! ;-;

Haha. You are not the only one that has been posting in the wrong section. I'm happy that you realized this. Hopefully more people gets the same insight as you :)

I posted about this in the site suggestions & discussion forum. If someone wants to discuss this. Do it there ;)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to give up trying to install rxTools or CakeFW on my N3DS. I just can't deal with this anymore. I've spent the whole afternoon trying to get it to run. I've read and followed countless tutorials. Nothing works. rxTools instantly closes as soon as I open the app. I can't install it, I can't access my emuNAND. I even updated and downgraded again just to see if it solved anything.

I just give up. Whenever KTM comes out I'll update to 10.3 and downgrade using that. Maybe TuxHS's sysupdater doesn't play fully well. Who knows. I'm too tired.

Haise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, turns out I didn't know about the launcher.Dat thing...now it's loading!

yoquesejeje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Its a good guide for noob downgraders like me, i manage to downgrade to 9.2 but with all the cfw tutorials it gets really confusing, a question: i have and OLD 3ds eur now in 9.2 ofcourse, can i update my emunand to the latest firmware 10.3 ? i already did the tutorial and have my emunand patition and all working great.

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been on 9.2 since TuxSH released an updated sysupdater and didn't have any problems creating my emuNAND and cold booting rxtools. I'm wondering if there's any reason to update my emuNAND to 9.5, also how would I do it? (my NANDs are already unlinked)nvm I'm stupid.
Still, is there a reason to?

Last edited by Juiss,

R3d0s3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After downgrade on n3ds to 9.2, I'm loading the emunand just fine, but i'm having a hard time updating it to 9.5.
An error 0xD8E08027 occured when installing 000400300000B902.cia (the other cias are fine).
After reboot i've got a black screen on emunand just after the home loading.
My cia 9.5 package is fine, i've already updated 2 other n3ds with it, The 2 of them came with the 9.2 without downgrade.
Anyone having the same issue???

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After downgrade on n3ds to 9.2, I'm loading the emunand just fine, but i'm having a hard time updating it to 9.5.
An error 0xD8E08027 occured when installing 000400300000B902.cia (the other cias are fine).
After reboot i've got a black screen on emunand just after the home loading.
My cia 9.5 package is fine, i've already updated 2 other n3ds with it, The 2 of them came with the 9.2 without downgrade.
Anyone having the same issue???
What CFW are you using? You may need to Uninstall all 9.2 cias in emunand and install the 9.5 CIAs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1