Two Disgaea PSP spinoffs are headed to the Switch this fall

With two Disgaea games available on the Nintendo Switch, it appears that NIS America is ready to provide more fun-filled Prinny action, literally. Prinny 1: Can I Really Be The Hero, and Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!, both of which were originally PlayStation Portable games, will be ported to the Switch in Prinny 1 2: Exploded and Reloaded. While the mainline Disgaea franchise is classified as a strategy RPG, these two Prinny spinoffs are instead quirky 2D sidescrollers. You’ll be able to pick the game up when it launches later this Autumn.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I wonder if they will apply the easy mode difficulty to the first game (the one where you don't die in a single hit). I never really got far in the game since it was same old same old once you reach the 3rd level. I kind of wish for a ZHP game for Switch

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fun games at the time but I'm not sure if they're worth a remake, especially not a lazy one like this might be. But hey, first of all fix the controls (which were fukkin horrendous), secondly, add an easy mode, and third, offer it at a decent rrp. Sadly I don't see any of those 3 happening...

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hopefully we get the What Did I Do to Deserve This, My lord? games ported as well.

That's complicated because all three (or four) games had different English translations.

I said four because there are two very similar games with different names that I don't know if they are the same game translated different ly or one is a clone of the other.

Honesty while fun the Switch is more than powerful enough to run a port of Dungeon Keeper. Or even that Bond like villain game that's inspired by Dungeon keeper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Genius_(video_game)

Reactions: tyrantnyx

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue with the controls in Prinny is that you can't change the direction of a jump after it starts, similar to NES Castlevania. However, in Prinny you get a double jump and you can readjust with the second jump, and you also get a ground pound, which takes you straight down when activated. If you bounce off something with a ground pound, you get more jumps and can readjust further.

It takes some getting used to, and I wouldn't say it's better than the Mario style jumping, but it's pretty fun when you get used to it. Excellent soundtrack and quirky characters too.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The issue with the controls in Prinny is that you can't change the direction of a jump after it starts, similar to NES Castlevania. However, in Prinny you get a double jump and you can readjust with the second jump, and you also get a ground pound, which takes you straight down when activated. If you bounce off something with a ground pound, you get more jumps and can readjust further.

It takes some getting used to, and I wouldn't say it's better than the Mario style jumping, but it's pretty fun when you get used to it. Excellent soundtrack and quirky characters too.

The whole point of the games is being as Hard as Contra.

Adding an easy mode would be like, adding autodriving to Mario Kart...

Wait... they did WHAT?

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Forget about drifting joy-cons, there's gonna be a lot of broken Y buttons! My PSP's square button has been seen better days before these two games did get released. First day purchase for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.