Hacking two or more usb storage devices are connected - Vwii and Brazillian/Haxchi

Cloakandmail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

My Wii U works successfully with usb loaders under Vwii

I have recently successfully moved from Loadiine to the Brazillian USB loader method.

I appreciate that the games need to be stored on 2 different hard drives because of the file formats required.

Both hacks work but having 2 hard drives connected causes the error "two or more usb storage devices are connected" etc.

I understand that the wii u objects to 2 usb hard drives but is there a way of having 2 usb hard drives connected? I don't want to keep unplugging depending on whether you are going to play vwii or Wii u games, or use system memory for wii u, or use a flash drive?

I have experimented with ustealth but the wii u still seems to detect both.

Ideally I want to have both hard drives plugged in and forget about it. Is that possible please?

I have searched for a solution but can find no reference to one, which means either there isn't one or I haven't looked hard enough (I hope its the latter).

Thank you.

Akzar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 usb drives. In the rear upper USB is a thumb drive for vwii/gamecube (using u stealth). It is not detected by WiiU. A 500gb external hard drive is connected to the rear bottom usb port. The only time I need to remove a drive is when I install a wiiU game through wup installer y mod. I will get an error that the game cannot install. I must remove the vwii drive, restart the console, then install the games. After that, plug thumb drive back in & all is well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cloakandmail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your response.
I really wanted 2 USB hard drives but doing some more research I am beginning to understand that this is an actual limitation of the wii U.
I have ordered a 4 port USB hub where each port can be switched off. I am hoping that this might provide a half way house workaround.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: